Disney to go with Blu-Ray - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring

Old September 12th, 2007, 07:52 AM   #76
Regular Crew

Burning to Blu-ray Directly from the Timeline

Can anyone please confirm the maximum length of time we can expect to successfully burn to a 25GB Disc Recordable BD-R?

All I've managed to find are a variety of statements, all of which, just say more than two hours of video footage.

I'm keen to hear from anyone who has burnt a BD-R directly from the timeline

Which Blu-Ray burners and discs appear to be the more reliable/compatible?

TIA
Neil
Neil McLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 12:39 AM   #77
Regular Crew

Encore CS3 does not support subtitles with Blu-ray export

I was disappointed to find out that Encore CS3 does not support subtitles in Blu-ray projects.

Is this something that will be added in a later release?

Does Roxio support subtitles in Blu-ray?
David Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 07:49 AM   #78
Inner Circle

David: if you don't get an answer to that question here, try posting on the Blu-ray forums at the following link. http://forum.blu-ray.com/
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 06:20 PM   #79
Regular Crew

Encore Blu-ray slideshows

Anyone had any success?

Encore crashes everytime I try.

The Adobe help forums have been unusable this last week.
David Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2007, 03:50 AM   #80
Regular Crew

Hooray! Affordable Blu-ray Authoring

At last the Ulead HD power pack for Movie Factory 6+ allows authoring of Blu-ray discs in BDMV.

Umm, but the test discs I've burnt won't play in WinDVD BD for Vaio! (Even with the latest update). Anyone tried playing a disc in a PS3 or set-top disc player?
Old October 7th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #81
Regular Crew

David,

I've used the slideshow functionality in Encore CS3 with blu-ray discs, and it has worked for me. Be aware that there's a bug in Encore where the still images in a blu-ray slideshow are actually scaled down to DVD resolution, then scaled up to blu-ray resolution instead of being scaled down from original resolution to blu-ray resolution - this yields slideshows that don't deliver full resolution. So, I've ended up using Premiere Pro to create slideshow timelines and then export to Encore (which then burn fine and look great).

Brent
Brent Ethington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 03:39 AM   #82
HDV Cinema

New Blu-ray burner may foreshadow BD for HD7

JVC has been beaten about the ears for using .m2ts rather than .m2t. Reviewers have screamed that if they had recorded .m2t files then NLEs would have supported the camcorder.

They made this claim because they didn't know many NLEs DO support .m2ts.

And, the reviewers failed to understand that .m2ts is Transport Stream for disks while .m2t is Transport Stream for tape and broadcast. The HD7 uses a hard disk. What else uses .m2ts? Blu-ray discs do. (As does AVCHD.)

Disks/discs require 188-byte data Packets to be saved in a buffer until they are written to disk/disc. While waiting, time passes. To keep track of time, a 4-byte TC is added to the 188-byte packets. The result is a 192-byte packet. This is .m2ts. (Also called a BDAV MPEG-2 transport stream.) JVC calls it TOD which I think is "Transport-stream On Disk."

(Here's an official definition of the process: To keep the proper timing of each TS packet, a Time stamp is added to every TS packet. The time stamp represents the arrival time of the TS packet. In this way the correct timing of the TS packets during playback can be restored. In a stream, the Source packets with a length of 192 bytes (Transport Stream Packet + Time stamp) are packed in Units and the Units are concatenated into a Clip stream file.)

So if there were a cheap, fast, 50GB BD burner, JVC could pack one into the CU-VD40 case.

SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 9, 2007 – Sony Electronics today announced its second generation internal Blu-ray Disc (BD) writer drive which boasts 4X BD-R recording speed. The BWU-200S model cuts BD-R burning time by half compared to the first generation model, allowing for a full 50GB BD-R disc to be recorded in about 45 minutes. It will cost about $600.

So, JVC knew exactly where it was going when they went with TOD. And, it means at CES we may see a CU-VD60 that will be a USB backup device for the HD7; a BD burner for a PC; plus a BD playback unit for the home.
Old October 18th, 2007, 11:43 PM   #83
Regular Crew

Im now able to answer my own question after buying a 'cheap' 40g PS3.

Ulead BDMV (with menus & chapters) discs DO play on the PS3, but Ulead BDAV (no menus or chapters) wont play on the PS3.
Old October 28th, 2007, 02:34 AM   #84
Regular Crew

Blu-ray + HD DVD multi drive

Does anyone know if they will sell this drive in the US? I have never heard of this brand before.

http://72.14.203.104/translate_c?hl=...d-h6/index.htm
It supports dual layer as well!
Paul Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2007, 03:57 PM   #85
Major Player

HDV to AVCHD to play in Bluray Player

So I'm working on a project that I'll be taking my HDV footage from an FX! and the output needs to be able to be played on a Bluray player (but I don't have a bluray burner). Anyone know how to render AVCHD to put on a standard DVD using Final Cut Studio?
Noah Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 05:16 PM   #86
Regular Crew

Blu-Ray software player

I'm shooting and editing in HDV and presently delivering in SD on DVD but at some time will want to burn to Blu-Ray and I'll buy a burner.

Prior, I'd like to export Blu-Ray projects as disc images or as a folder structure on my hard drive which I can play back in HD from my computer.
When I get my burner I can copy them to the Blu-ray disc.

Are there and Blu-ray software players which will read Blu-ray disc folders created on a hard drive - like WinDVD and others will play a SD DVD folder? Nero 8 is supposed to but the trial version says it doesn't recognize the files a being DVD files - they aren't after all.

To get a SD DVD software player to recognize a DVD stored in a hard disc folder one usually plays one of the *.ifo files in the VIDEO_TS folder. Which file in the more complex Blu-ray directory structure do you have the player open?

Thanks in advance

Kevin
Kevin D Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 04:03 AM   #87
Inner Circle

powerDVD ?
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 11:25 AM   #88
Major Player

wow, still no one has any ideas?
Noah Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 02:45 PM   #89
Major Player

Bluray Bd-r's

I have been burning BD-R's but I am having problems with about 1/2 the set top players, all sony's will not play the BD-R's.

My Sony ps3 will play them and two samsung units have played them.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Jon Omiatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 06:18 PM   #90
Regular Crew

Same here, been using Roxio Pro-HD, the only player that works for me (which I bought) is the panasonic DMP BD-10A...Tried about six others none worked properly. Gary
Gary J. Walker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring