DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Blu-Ray Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blu-ray-authoring/)
-   -   Vc-1? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blu-ray-authoring/468926-vc-1-a.html)

Perrone Ford December 4th, 2009 12:07 PM

Vc-1?

A quick question that I know is probably a bit tricky.

Is there anyone out here writing VC-1 BluRay discs and are there any consumer based programs that will do it? Or commercial stuff only?

Thanks,

-P

Jeff Kellam December 4th, 2009 12:38 PM

I think you are asking only about the authoring right?

Sony Vegas Pro has the Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile (VC-1) as a codec I have seen in the rendering options, but I have not rendered and tryed to author with DVDA.

Maybe another Sony Vegas user can answer if DVDA will author a VC-1 project.

Perrone Ford December 4th, 2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Kellam (Post 1456134)
I think you are asking only about the authoring right?

Sony Vegas Pro has the Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile (VC-1) as a codec I have seen in the rendering options, but I have not rendered and tryed to author with DVDA.

Maybe another Sony Vegas user can answer if DVDA will author a VC-1 project.

Ah sorry. Yes, I know I can create WMV Advanced Profile. I meant actually getting something to write this format to disk in a BluRay compatible structure. I have DVDA but it only has Mpeg2 and AVC. No VC-1 Option.

Tom Roper December 5th, 2009 03:48 AM

I believe TSMuxer, and multiAVCHD write VC-1.

Perrone Ford December 5th, 2009 07:35 AM

Thanks Tom. MutltiAVCHD appears to read the VC-1 but not write it. However it's menu writing ability looks wonderful so I may download it later for that.

Tom Roper December 5th, 2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perrone Ford (Post 1456426)
Thanks Tom. MutltiAVCHD appears to read the VC-1 but not write it. However it's menu writing ability looks wonderful so I may download it later for that.

I think you will have to use multiAVCHD together with TSMuxer.

TSMuxer will mux the VC-1 video file with your companion audio file, AC3, DTS etc, into compliant BDMV/Certificate folders. You can set the chapter points. It authors the Blu-ray or AVCHD folder structure (your choice), with chapter stops, sub titles etc., but stops short of creating menus.

That's where multiAVCHD should come in. It uses the BDMV folders as the input source, and then builds the menu structure around it. You could probably even use some of the same media for backgrounds and stuff from DVD Architect.

The author of multiAVCHD is Deank from Bulgaria, he hangs out at the doom9 forums. TSMuxer was written by a Russian, his name is Roman. Deank collaborated multiAVCHD to build around what TSMuxer already did, so I think you have to think of them as companion programs.

Even TSMuxer by itself is very useful, authoring/muxing/demuxing/splitting/joining utility that works with a bunch of video and audio formats. It can also output m2t and m2ts streams, 188 byte/192 byte respectively, with or without audio, and as such it often turns some non-compliant streams not recognized by Vegas into something it can read, not unlike VideoRedo. It's also very stable and debugged in the current iteration. Use the TSMuxer GUI version instead of the command line version.

TSMuxer is fully capable of authoring BDMV, Blu-ray compliant folders, as an alternative to creating non-authored data disks. The benefit is a disk that starts playback when it is inserted into the Blu-ray player without navigating around folders, also creates chapter stops, sub-titles, invokes the Blu-ray 24p progressive output mode, (data disks usually wrap 24p inside a 60i container with 3:2 pulldown), and other benefits.

As a final step, you also would need a burning app, (I use Nero) but ImgBurn does the same thing and it's free, to burn a Blu-ray UDF 2.5 disk.

John Estcourt January 6th, 2010 12:47 PM

Hi just spotted this thread as Ive been busy over the holidays.
I use sorrenson squeeze to encode to VC1 and DVDit pro hd to make up the discs as it will accept vc1.
works very well, hope this helps. john