DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Blu-Ray Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blu-ray-authoring/)
-   -   Blu ray on DVD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blu-ray-authoring/484372-blu-ray-dvd.html)

Allanj Jones September 7th, 2010 02:10 AM

Blu ray on DVD

I have followed numerous instructions to produce the Blu ray structure and burn to a normal DVD but as others have found , when I put the disc into my PS3 it will not auto play . I have to use the remote control and navigate to the BDMV folder and then to the STREAM folder and only then will the HD file play. I have read others having to do the same but nowhere has anyone described how to get the disc to just automatically play as when a normal dvd or bluray does when inserted. The PS3 just sees the disc as a DATA disc. If anyone has actually achieved this can they please advise where I am going wrong. Just to note : my PS3 is set to autoplay the discs inserted.

Anton Strauss September 7th, 2010 05:04 AM

did you set Data DVD burn type to UDF 2.5? It won't work when making a regular ISO DATA DVD

and make sure your stream is no more than 15mbps or playback will stutter

Allanj Jones September 7th, 2010 06:33 AM

UDF setting

Yes Anton, I did the setting UDF 2.5 type. Just to be clear, I have all the settings correct. I have been trying to crack this now for about 12 months ( ever since I got a HD camcorder and a PS3 ) but no success. The file , when I navigate to it plays flawlessly and the picture is stunningg, but when just inserting the disc into the PS3 it will not play, it just appears as a Data disc and as I said, I then have to navigate on screen using the remote to the folder where the file is and then it plays.

Anton Strauss September 7th, 2010 06:53 AM

have you tested it on a standalone Blu-ray player?

which burning software did you use?

did you use DVD-R disks (recommended)

Allanj Jones September 7th, 2010 08:02 AM

Blu ray

I have burnt with Nero and also with img burn. I only have a PS3 but I have read that others do this same method on a pS3. I did one time a few months ago have access to a stand alone blu player but it did not recognize the disc!

Chris Davis September 7th, 2010 09:56 AM

Try multiAVCHD + ImgBurn. It works great for me.

Anton Strauss September 7th, 2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allanj Jones (Post 1566805)
I have burnt with Nero and also with img burn. I only have a PS3 but I have read that others do this same method on a pS3. I did one time a few months ago have access to a stand alone blu player but it did not recognize the disc!

it works fine here using nero 10 burning Rom

I select DVD UDF and then set type to 2.5

also, you need to make sure the folder structure is correct

the Certificate folder must be empty and contain and empty BACKUP folder

the BDMV folder must have copies of important files in BACKUP folder

BACKUP
index.bdmv
MovieObject.bdmv

PLAYLIST
00000.mpls

CLIPINF
00000.clpi

Allanj Jones September 8th, 2010 06:25 AM

Failed again

Yes Anton... already doing this...disc appears on screen as Data disc !! HEEEEEEEEEEELP

Anton Strauss September 8th, 2010 07:27 AM

what authoring software do you use? is the first play correctly set?

I use DVDit Pro HD 6.4 and the result works fine, however I don't do it because Blu-ray disks are now cheap enough and the quality is soo much better with the higher bitrate, and they last longer

Allanj Jones September 8th, 2010 12:50 PM

Blu ray problem

Anton
Thanks for all this help unfortunately the problem continues so the answer is probably to get a blue ray burner. My PC chipset is Nvidia and I have heard some internal burners have probs with this chipset so I thought maybe an extrenal Blu ray USB Writer. Any thoughts on this? Makes? Discs?

Anton Strauss September 9th, 2010 12:55 AM

replace the internal burner with a Sata Pioneer 205 (under $200)

external USB burners may cause you headaches

Allanj Jones September 9th, 2010 01:32 AM

Internal Drive

Hi Anton,

Will my PC be up to the task of a internal... ITs windows XP core2 quad 6600 2.4Ghz. I currently have 2 dvd drives they are TSST corp CD/DVD SH-S1831 and the reason I ask is because these drives are supposed to burn to the 8.5 gb dvds but have never been able to..the burning always fails and I have tried numerous makes of blank discs..they burn fine to standard 4.7 gig discs.. Some time ago I looked into this and was told it was a SATA issue not the drives fault.

Anton Strauss September 9th, 2010 02:21 AM

ahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Win XP can't do UDF 2.5 unless a Toshiba hack is installed

maybe this has been your problem all along

I recommend updating to Win7/64 Ultimate

Allanj Jones September 9th, 2010 02:56 AM

toshiba drivers

Anton,

I thought that Installing those drivers just allows BD file structure to be recognized in Explorer and allows Blu ray play back in XP. In my case , Nero and IMGburn both have the udf 2.5 option when creating the disc. My problem is not the pc reading/playing the disc its the Play station 3 not auto playing the disc

Anton Strauss September 9th, 2010 03:49 AM

I have not tried what you do with XP

I have done it with Win7 and Nero10 burning Rom and the resulting Taiyo Yuden DVD-R plays in all BD related players that support burn media

there are a only few models that don't support burn media on the market