Button over movie - is this possible? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 11th, 2011, 09:15 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Button over movie - is this possible?

I would like to have a button visible all the time in my movie (timeline), so if the user clicks the button, it will jump to the menu instantly. The video is for a blu-ray project intended for playback on a touch screen.

What I want is just like a pop-up menu on blu-ray, but with the button(s) visible all the time without having to press drop down menu on remote control to see them!
Old March 11th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Button over movie - is this possible?

Don't know if this will help. I use Sony Dvd Architect and if I want the effect that you are mentioning, I will do the following;

I will render the movie as usual from the timeline, create a new menu in Sony DVDA and import my movie file as a background movie and place the relevant buttons on this menu. There are other settings to take into account but I don't know which software you are usinjg. When you play this on the tv it will look just like a regular movie except for your buttons.

Hope this makes sense.
Antonie Koen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 07:28 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Button over movie - is this possible?

Using the movie as a background menu was also my idea.
I'm using Adobe Encore.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring