Buffer Underflow DVDA Pro 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 8th, 2014, 10:58 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Buffer Underflow DVDA Pro 6

Not sure I am in the right forum but if not sorry. I'm burning a 59 minute Bluray in DVDA Pro 6 and during the rendering before the burn I'm getting a buffer underflow error at 50% rendered. I rendered the video in Vegas pro 12 using
Blu-ray 1920x1080-24p, 25mbps video stream Main Concept. this is only the 3rd video I have produced. I did a smaller vid and a clip for you tube. I have searched these forums but cannot find anything on video buffer underflow. I have found a little on the web but nothing I have found has worked. If I had hair I would be pulling it out.any help will be appreciated.
Chris Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2014, 11:04 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Buffer Underflow DVDA Pro 6

Forgot to mention footage was shot in 1080 24p fx
Chris Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 09:48 AM   #3
Trustee

Usually buffer under run issues mean that the data being supplied to your burner isn't being supplied fast enough for the burner. The burner is running out of data to burn to the disc. Make sure you have selected the slowest burn speed possible in the DVDA burn menu and try to have the video file that's being burnt to the disc on the quickest drive you have. Not the system drive if at all possible.

I've had issues burning BD with DVDA in the past so don't burn with it. I find VSO's Copy to DVD (does BD as well) is by far the most reliable. Apart from anything else it installs its own proprietary Pattin Coffin drivers to control the disc burner hardware rather than trying to run everything through the windows ASPI layer. VSO’s drivers are a much more accurate and precise way of controlling the burner hardware than the stock Win OS drivers.

VSO have a fully functional 21 day trial version. I would give that a go. To start with burn your BD at the lowest speed the burner will run at.

CopyToDVD - CD/DVD/Blu-ray burning software - backup DVD - burn disk - audio CD

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2014, 10:34 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks I will give that software a try. I finally had it burn right out of Vegas Pro 12 and it burned without problems.
Chris
Chris Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring