DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Blu-Ray Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blu-ray-authoring/)
-   -   BlueRay authoring on regular DVD for testing (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/blu-ray-authoring/87977-blueray-authoring-regular-dvd-testing.html)

Piotr Wozniacki March 2nd, 2007 01:56 PM

BlueRay authoring on regular DVD for testing

Hi,

I'm in an urgent need to put some HDV 1080/25p file (around 2 GB) on a regular DVD (don't have HD or BlueRay burner) in such a way that it be readable by a BlueRay player. Is it possible? Which authoring application will allow me to create the structure on my HDD, so that I could just copy it to a DVD as data? I've heard this is possible with Ulead VideoStudio, but only with HD DVD. Please help!

Regards

Piotr

Ervin Farkas March 5th, 2007 11:13 AM

There is a thread about this, check out http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=74498.

Zsolt Gordos May 30th, 2007 04:29 PM

Piotr,

if you have not found the solution yet, my tested solution is to get an .m2t file with streaming audio - that plays back on blu ray (at least on my PS3)

Since you have PC I dont detail the workflow as I use Mac for that. But surely the .m2t is the right file that PS3 plays.

Piotr Wozniacki June 1st, 2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zsolt Gordos (Post 689255)
Piotr,

if you have not found the solution yet, my tested solution is to get an .m2t file with streaming audio - that plays back on blu ray (at least on my PS3)

Since you have PC I dont detail the workflow as I use Mac for that. But surely the .m2t is the right file that PS3 plays.

Zsolt,

I haven't tried it in the meantime, but could want to do so in the near future...So you're sayig audio within an .m2t file, or in a separate file? Also, what's the directory structure?

Zsolt Gordos June 4th, 2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki (Post 690640)
Zsolt,

I haven't tried it in the meantime, but could want to do so in the near future...So you're sayig audio within an .m2t file, or in a separate file? Also, what's the directory structure?

Piotr,

there is no directory. You compress your whole media into one single .m2t file. The audio is included.
I use Mac and there is no blu ray support in DVD SP yet. So if I want to watch my finished project on a big screen from my PS3, I have to compress the FCP sequence with Compressor to a .m2t file. Here I can select stream audio in the options tab. This will change the .m2v project to .m2t, dont ask me how...
Then I burn this file on a normal DVD, thats all. 18 minutes 1920x1080 clip was 3.2Gb. Works very well.

Unfortunately there is no authoring software for Mac yet. But I think for PC you have a couple of them, you may give it a try. Roxio has something like Easy Media Creator...if I remember well. But I have to admit, I am not much into PC stuff.

Piotr Wozniacki June 4th, 2007 02:49 PM

Zsolt, did you try 50i and 25p framerates? Are they both read by the PS3's BR player?

Ray Bell June 4th, 2007 04:30 PM

I have heard that DVDit HD Pro will accomplish this task... you might go over to their forums and check it out... I thought I saw something to that affect a couple of weeks ago and they also had a list of players they were testing it on....

I'd link you to it.. but I think that against the rules... easy to google for
DVDit HD pro and navigate to the forums.....

Zsolt Gordos June 5th, 2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki (Post 691762)
Zsolt, did you try 50i and 25p framerates? Are they both read by the PS3's BR player?

Piotr,

I still use 50i only, never risked oil paint and other problem stuff :)
However I think Compressor deinterlaces the movie once I make the final output file. I have to check it.

Maybe I will start a new project with 25p soon. What is your experience withe 25p? Any artefacts or oil paints?

Piotr Wozniacki June 5th, 2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zsolt Gordos (Post 692368)
Maybe I will start a new project with 25p soon. What is your experience withe 25p? Any artefacts or oil paints?

Zsolt, 99% of all my shootings is progressive. If I was told I'd be using 25PsF most of the time a couple of months ago, I wouldn't believe it.