HD or Blu-Ray Authoring-Any Sign? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring

Old April 17th, 2007, 09:09 AM   #1
Major Player

HD or Blu-Ray Authoring-Any Sign?

Anybody heard any rumblings about pending releases of HD or Blu-Ray Authoring software?
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 12:15 PM   #2
Inner Circle

there are several available already, it is just the lack of affordable burner that is a problem. to name a few, nero, scenarist , ulead, roxio
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 01:14 PM   #3
Major Player

Are a lot of these not kinda/sorta type programmes that people are having problems with/having to jump through hoops using a varity of different apps to get it all working?

Basically, what I 'd really like is DVDA with these capabilities.

Anyone got any news/updates?
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 02:37 PM   #4
Major Player

I haven't heard a word yet but hopefully something at NAB has been release that will ease the pain of making an hd disc. I have contracts for blu-ray content that I have to produce this summer so I'm really anxious to see someone make a solid solution for this.

Ben
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2007, 03:07 PM   #5
Inner Circle

quote: "jump through hoops using a varity of different apps to get it all working?"

Yes, professional application are requesting sources in the correct format.
there is almost no professional authoring apps (even in DVD) that is not expecting all the elements in a correct format (ready for use), requiring the use of external tools. Encoding the movie, the sound, making menu, pictures, designing buttons, subtitles etc... all this is usualy not part of authoring.
Since HD-DVD and blu-ray can accept several encoding for picture and sound, and have complex features available for menu, you can expect that it will be trickier than authoring a DVD.
For sure you can use some drag and drop application that handle everything with some wizard menu, but it is far from what i call professional tool where you should be able to control every bit.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring