Cineform to Blu Ray - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 28th, 2007, 11:15 AM   #31
Major Player

If you search for mf6+, you'll find lots of info on burning HD DVD video on standard DVDs. You get about 20 min on a single layer.
Old September 6th, 2007, 06:37 AM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Blish View Post
No purely DVD player, per se will play an HD project. You will need an authoring product to make a suitable HD project first, then you burn where you want. Only short projects that fit will burn to DVD media. For longer projects, there apparently is only one HD-DVD burner in limited supply, a few HD-DVD -R single layer (15GB) media choices and no -RW meida, so few people are using it seriously.

For Blu-Ray players, you need an authoring program (like DVDit HD Pro) that can make a BDMV project so the result can be evaluated by the player. Once in BD image or folder form, it can be burned to a DVD or DVD-DL. In the case of my Sony BDP-S1, this will play if you delete the (empty) AACS folder before burning the folders. For longer projects, there is a variety of BD-R and RE media in 25GB and 50 GB sizes and a couple BD-R25 brands that are inkjet printable.

Hey Don in the case of encore Cs3
could you tell me what is that AACs folder?
I dont see any folder with that name when I create my BDMV structure using Encore.
Does any body knows I really want to test my BDP-s1 with DVD-r discs
Thanks
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2007, 11:26 AM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Ortiz View Post
Hey Don in the case of encore Cs3
could you tell me what is that AACs folder?
I dont see any folder with that name when I create my BDMV structure using Encore.
Does any body knows I really want to test my BDP-s1 with DVD-r discs
Thanks

Sorry, I didn't see your query earlier. I keep calling that folder AACS, but it is really CERTIFICATES. I use DVDit Pro HD, not CS3, but the final disc structure should be the same. In DVDit, I "burn to a volume" which is really a folder on the authoring system's hard disc so use CS3's equivalent. Then I use the Blu-Ray disc burning software (Cyberlink for me), and make a "DATA DVD", select just the BDMV folder, correct the disc's filename to something useful and just before burning go into preferences to set file system to "UDF 2.5", not default "ISO9660/Joliet".

I can get 20 minutes (40 on double layer) of mpeg2 HD at a bitrate of 20mbps, all on a cheap DVD. Longer projects go on BD-R/25 discs. Don't go over the 20mbps bitrate by much because you risk stuttering on playback.
Don Blish is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring