A letter to Canon - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old March 13th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #31
Trustee

Re: A letter to Canon

Frankly I couldn't imagine shooting a wedding with this thing. We shoot small commercial production mostly, and it's fine fiddling with the camera for a minute or two..but with events...ahhh...you're a better man than I, that's all I can say. Frankly, It's made me a lot more disciplined, although I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten that there is no mic...(not on jobs...just messing about stuff... people yammering away at the camera...)

I still believe canon will come out with a "lower" end version of the c300 that is targeted at event, run and gun etc.

Barry
Barry Goyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #32
Regular Crew

The C300 is a wedding videographer's dream come true. I shot a wedding with it 3 days after receiving it and it was a breeze. Makes my life so much easier, and my footage a little better too. But it does nothing to raise prices as people getting married generally don't care what camera you use. They just expect it to look good.
Graham King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:35 AM   #33
Inner Circle

We mainly shoot weddings & have one on order. It looks like it will be perfect for us (apart from no AWB:-). We have been shooting with DSLRs for the last 3 years so ergonomically this is a step up for us. I guess if you are coming from a traditional camcorder with auto functions it would be more challenging.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #34
Regular Crew

You guys are going to love it. And I don't mind too much not having AWB. I shot on EX1s for a couple years and never used AWB. But I always dialed in a kelvin on the fly and it was really easy. Picture profile > click wheel > turn wheel. But on the C300 it's a real pain in the neck, especially if you are on a different WB setting than color temp. Function > wheel to K > other button to enable custom K > wheel to temp.

My biggest desire for the firmware is to make white balancing easier.

Edit: I should note that on the EX1, clicking and turning the wheel were essentially the same motion so as far as I'm concerned there were 2 steps to custom color temp. While the C300 is 3-4 steps involving 2 different buttons and a wheel.
Graham King is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems