DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   Cinema EOS screening, hands-on demo in Pac NW (PDX 6 Dec. / SEA 8 Dec.) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/503263-cinema-eos-screening-hands-demo-pac-nw-pdx-6-dec-sea-8-dec.html)

Chris Hurd December 3rd, 2011 11:12 PM

Cinema EOS screening, hands-on demo in Pac NW (PDX 6 Dec. / SEA 8 Dec.)

Rec'd via email from a friend at Canon USA. For those of you in the Pacific NorthWest, this
looks like a great opportunity to see what this camera's output looks like on the big screen.
The event is free; all you have to do is click the RSVP link below and get registered.

If you missed the event in Hollywood, Canon is bringing the Cinema EOS C300 to the Northwest.

Portland, December 6th, 10am -- 2pm at the NW Film Center, Whitsell Auditorium, 1219 SW Park, Portland, OR

Seattle, December 8th, 10am -- 2pm at the Egyptian Theater, 805 East Pine, Seattle, WA.

We will be showing all four short films and the behind-the-scenes footage. After that, there
will be the opportunity to play with the cameras on various rigs and alone. These are still pre-
production units, so unfortunately, you will not be able to take footage away, yet (we know, sorry.)

Hope to see you at the event, and if you can't make it, please feel free to contact us.

Please click the link for RSVP and up to date information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canon USA, in conjunction with Professional Video and Tape,
invites you to an exclusive Canon Cinema EOS Event.

- See short movies shot using the Cinema EOS C300 camera
- Watch the Behind the Scenes interviews with directors and production staff
- Meet with Canon technical staff and try out the Cinema EOS C300 camera for yourself

Click here to register: Canon - Cinema EOS - Leave No Story Untold

Jon Fairhurst December 8th, 2011 01:31 PM

Re: Cinema EOS screening, hands-on demo in Pac NW (PDX 6 Dec. / SEA 8 Dec.)

Anybody here attend the Portland showing? Unfortunately, I had a conflict and couldn't attend.

The Seattle show is going on right now. Hopefully we can get some first person reviews soon...

Jason Bodnar December 9th, 2011 02:08 AM

Re: Cinema EOS screening, hands-on demo in Pac NW (PDX 6 Dec. / SEA 8 Dec.)

Got to Play with the C300 for a while today at the Cinema EOS event in Seattle and yes 20,000 ISO is impressive. It feels very good handheld and the side handle (which I thought would be very flimsy considering it detaches) is actually very very sturdy. Also the LCD screen is very sharp, however this thing looks even better via SmallHD DP6. Magnify is just 2x not 10x but does have Edge monitor focus assist. EVF was actually usable to get focus and much better than I was expecting.... First hands on impression is excellent, however I want to shoot with it for at least a day (hopefully soon) and yes I tried to get the price to slip out but it seems they are still in discussions... :) Was told the wireless option would be sub 500 so that was cool! One note on wireless iPad control, it offers live view but was told it will not keep up with changes in realtime, so the remote focus features will not allow a normal focus pull via iPad however you can achieve rack focus by setting two focus points, which is still cool!