C300 Why so long to give it a street price? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Closed Thread

Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:15 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Re: C300 Why so long to give it a street price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Martin View Post
Shipping is scheduled for the 3rd or 4th week of January....also, I got word yesterday that the MAP/street pricing for the US should be released the 1st week of January....as soon as it is, I'll post it.....really....I promise......

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com

Any news for us, Jim? :D
Old January 3rd, 2012, 02:37 PM   #32
Major Player

Canon is doing a big event/seminar here on Saturday so I'm hoping we'll have the info by the end of the week, if not, by next week......hoping.....really.

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com
Old January 3rd, 2012, 03:17 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Seriously? They're supposed to be shipping in two or three weeks, and no firm street price yet?

Maybe they'll settle the price after they've shipped. That way they can take all the time they need to figure it out. :D
Old January 13th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #34
Major Player

Any solid US pricing, I'm hearing 15.9K
Old January 13th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #35
Trustee

I think there's been a couple of mentions that the price and dealers will be announced on the 17th. Of course there may be some folks out there that already know.

Barry
Old January 13th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #36
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Martin View Post
That's because no dealers (around 20 total in the country) have officially been signed....when they are signed, they will find out what the MAP pricing is going to be and everyone will then find out. Also, there are not any official "pre-orders" because you can't take them if you are not officially a dealer. I do know that there has been long, on going discussions within Canon about the pricing and, as I've said numerous times, Canon is reading this and other blogs/forums to help gauge the market.....so everyone's input is being heard.....and please, it's not going to be 5K or 10K so no need to post that kind of pricing....its already been done way too many times.

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com
Oh, come on Jim. Do you realize how badly Canon is missing the market? If they gave us a full frame 4K camera w/ 16-bits internal recording and quad-link HD-SDI, built-in Sound Devices audio preamps, image stabilization, super fast autofocus and a 14 to 400 f1.4 (no ramping) zoom kit lens for $99.95 they would rule the world.
Old January 13th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #37
Trustee

you forgot 300fps 1080p.
Old January 14th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #38
Major Player

and give a massage!

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com
Old January 15th, 2012, 05:57 AM   #39
Major Player

nivo-schweitzer.nl

At this moment the aforementioned Holland site sells the C300 for Euro 13000. A Euro 1000 increase, since Menno Mennes post and Euro 1250 more expensive than F3.
Old January 15th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #40
Trustee

Well I have decided to hold my horses till NAB 12. Once the rest of the mfg responds (Sony, Panasonic??) we will see a price reduction once Canon sees the goods pile up. Its a great camera( finally managed to try it last week when Vincent Laforet visited) really. Just need the price right now.. praying !
Old January 16th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #41
Major Player

To me its obvious that the Sony, Panasonic and now Canon are fixing the prices. The AF101 and FS100 are around 5K and the F3 and C300 around 14K. Red was a dent to the original Pana Sony duopoly, but doesn't have the volume to attack the sub 15K market.
5D was an "accident" that nobody in these companies want to see repeated...

Its interesting to see, with the just announced foray of JVC in the 4K market and Nikon's formidable D4, how the the market will sway, under the shadow of an imminent second recessesion (possible depression).
Old January 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #42
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Seah View Post
Well I have decided to hold my horses till NAB 12. Once the rest of the mfg responds (Sony, Panasonic??) we will see a price reduction once Canon sees the goods pile up.
I wouldn't hold your breath regarding big changes from Sony and Panasonic, their current offerings are barely a year old, it takes time to bring a design to fruition, especially if it means all new technology, and Sony have only just brought out the F3 chip. As far as "fixing prices" goes, then I doubt they've much room to manoeuvre - after paying off R&D, design, manufacturing etc costs, the only way to substantially cut prices would be to sell each camera at a loss. Not really a good business plan.....

I think Panaonic are also suffering from being first to market. They made the best of reusing an existing stills sensor to react quickest, but it's locked them into the 4/3 size. That may not have mattered - until Sony brought out the s35 F3 and FS100 so soon after. And with Canon now also reinforcing the s35 market, 4/3 is just left looking second best.
Old January 17th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #43
Obstreperous Rex

It's official, $16,000 USD:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/new-cano...ouncement.html

Which bring us to a close here. Thanks all,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems