DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   Canon C300 Professional Support Program.... a real disappointment (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/505312-canon-c300-professional-support-program-real-disappointment.html)

Thierry Humeau February 16th, 2012 06:56 PM

Canon C300 Professional Support Program.... a real disappointment

I have been a member of Canon's CPS Platinum Support Program to cover my DSLR gear and have really enjoyed the cost and benefits. I was hopeful that the C300 would be included in Canon CPS product lineup but sadly, it is not. The EOS cinema product line has its own support program named Professional Production Systems Support. I don't have much details yet but I was told on the phone today that the yearly fee is $999. That is a real disappointment, I am already paying $500/year for the CPS, since they are so eager to see users transition from DSLRs to C300, Canon should reward existing CPS members.

Cheers,

Matt Ford February 17th, 2012 04:29 AM

Re: Canon C300 Professional Support Program.... a real disappointment

$500????? Wow! CPS is free to pro's in Europe. When I bought the XF305 I also got Pro Video CPS just had to register. Great service and getting better as the shift to broadcast cameras is underway. I also have Nikon NPS and thats free too.

Thierry Humeau February 17th, 2012 07:45 AM

CPS basic is also free in the US. The $500 fee is for the Platinum membership which includes things such as 60% off parts and labor, overnight repairs, free loaners, 48-hr repairs turnaround, priority service, etc....

Chris Hurd February 17th, 2012 08:35 AM

There are three levels of CPS: free, $100/yr. and $500/yr.

Anyone who qualifies can get a free membership. As for myself, I bought into the $100/yr. level.

Details here for folks in the U.S.: Canon Professional Services - Homepage

Derek Reich February 17th, 2012 09:33 AM

I'm also completely disappointed in CPS..... I finally joined as a gold member (I just didn't want to pay the $500 for platinum membership, and now really glad I didn't)
I'm having a problem with the audio in one of my cameras (7D, there is a thread here on it) and being an e-mail vs phone kind of guy, I contacted them via the e-mail address provided. Three times. Never got any kind of response whatsoever. Nothing. So, I finally found a 'service' e-mail address (there are three, I contacted the CA location which is closest to me) and basically got a reply saying they couldn't answer my questions about service issues (really??) or offer any suggestions. What did they do? They sent me to the regular Canon service website and said I needed to contact them! Seriously? What is the point of CPS then? I contacted them again, and asked exactly that (and reminded them that I was a gold CPS member) Their response? They provided an e-mail address which was the same one that I've already tried three times over the last month that no one at Canon apparently looks at. I know they have phone support, and I'll be resorting to that since apparently Canon can not or will not reply to e-mails.

I'm also extremely disappointed to hear that the C300 is not going to be included. Mine is on order, and should show up soon..... the XF305 is included, but not the C300? Just great, Canon.

Thierry Humeau February 17th, 2012 09:56 AM

Even though you favor email, you may want to try the phone. I have always been happy with Canon CPS phone service so far.