New Canon 4K camera announcements - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old April 13th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: New Canon 4K camera announcements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham King View Post
Oh and my shutter being at 180º means 1/48 because I shoot everything at 23.976 fps. There is NO WAY I can crank the shutter to 1/120 at the reception. Any self respecting videog/photog cannot seriously consider pulling stills from video in place of having a real photographer....
Hey Graham I understand what you're saying and it's 100% true. I think it's extracting stills for all the non-formal stuff. I've done a few events where the client only has the Photog for formals and relied on the video for the rest. Nice opportunity to extract a few stills at 4K if the client pays for that. For me it would be nice to extract stills for art work for all my stuff. DVD cases, menus, scene selections, website stuff etc... In the end prices need to reflect the extra work involved and for my clients it's out of the question. A event filmer can dream though :D
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #17
Major Player

Im intrigued by 4K for cropping ability but rarely get to deliver 1080p yet with most of my work being 720p for the web. I can see that stepping up to 1080 in the next year or so, but I doubt my clients will be asking for 4k over the next 2 - 3 years.

Canon had to do a 4K 4:4:4 camera, the C300 was never the Hollywood camera they raved about in my opinion and wasn't going to be taken seriously for those kind of productions. The C500 makes a lot of sense.

1080/50p should have been in the C300 though, with the announcement of the FS700 it's the only thing that's making me start to question if the C300 was the right choice. With a lot of the industry considering the jump to 4K it's worrying to be limited to shooting at 720 when 50p is required.
Old April 14th, 2012, 02:24 AM   #18
Inner Circle

If you shoot at 60fps your 180 degree shutter will be 1/120 & given the extreme low light capabilities of the new cameras it should be perfectly possible to do this even if the reception is dark. Maybe it's different here in the UK or maybe we just do different weddings but if the photographer is going to set up wireless triggered off camera flash then it's just for the formal group shots & in fact I don't recall seeing that sort of setup at a reception although I have seen an assistant holding a video light.

To be honest I was thinking more about the sort of stuff that Monday was talking about. If the B&G want the high fashion posed wedding photos then grabbing them from video is never going to suffice. I was also thinking a few years ahead when a 60fps 4K camera is in the $3-5K price range. We have already had budget conscious brides who pay us to do the video but rely on friends for the photographs. I also increasingly see photographers offering video so we would like to be able to offer a photography service.

Graham, no offence taken. I am enjoying the discussion too:-)
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems