Debris inside sensor cavity at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old May 12th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #1
Major Player

Debris inside sensor cavity

I've started noticing white debris inside the sensor cavity of my C300, the literature mentions that this part of the camera is sealed so it seems very odd if there's anything getting in from the outside. Maybe theres something breaking down inside the camera, it's hard to say but it's going to have to go back to canon to be sorted.

Talking of which, has anyone else in the UK tried to get help from Canon with C300 issues? They seem very slow in responding and the CPS guys seem to be very uninformed about the camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Debris inside sensor cavity-img_2642.jpg  
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: Debris inside sensor cavity

I've got an identical white spec in the same spot!
Jeff Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #3
New Boot

Is that dirt or dust on top of the cavity glass? I have to clean my C300 sensor / ND chamber glass regularly. Just like the sensor cover on any other large frame camera (or DSLR). I do think the C300!static electricity charge holds dirt and dust more so than the DSLR's however (or that could be a result of my frequent gigs lately that required airplane travel).
Jon Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #4
Major Player

It's on the ND side of the glass. I initially thought it was on the outside too but it's on the inside, I tried blowing and brushing it off but then realised that it was on the other side of the glass. When I flip through the ND filters I can see specs on the ND's too.

Paul.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems