C300 Extended Warranty at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old July 9th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #1
Major Player

C300 Extended Warranty

Given that my C300 had to go in for a clean after just a few months and the standard warranty only lasts for a year I wondered if anybody had discovered any good extended warranties for the cameras? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything from Canon themselves.

I guess I was a little spoiled by Sony's warranty offerings, they make it very easy to pick up service packs at the same time is investing in the camera system.

Paul.
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: C300 Extended Warranty

What happened to the camera Paul to necessitate a clean so soon?

C300 qualifies for Canon's CPS 2 year warranty here in the uk. I don't know if that helps?

Alan
Alan Lacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Paul mine came with a 2 year warranty for UK and all of Europe the card says register your product on https://cps.canon-europe.com to receive the full benefits offered by canon professional services. The warranty is free of charge and gives you 2 years from date of purchase. I bought mine from a dealer at pinewood studios UK
Steve Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 04:46 AM   #4
Major Player

That's interesting, I got mine from CVP and haven't noticed anything about the warranty, but then I was quite excited when I opened the box the first time :)

My camera is registered at CPS but the CPS website only shows it as a one year warranty too. I'll check it out with Canon.

Alan, my camera got a lot of dust in the sensor area after using it to shoot a three day outdoor event in May. It wasn't a particularly dusty environment although it was on a beach so there was a fair bit of dust around. I didn't swap lenses outside so the dust must have got inside via the vents or some other way, the area behind the lens actually remained dust free. Canon have it but they are out of stock of the IR filter glass units which needs to be replaced apparently so I have a loaner. I've shot that event four times with my EX1 and 5D along with over twenty others and never had any dust problems with those that I couldn't fix myself so my confidence in the C300's dust handling isn't overly high at present, hence the need to check the warranty.

Interestingly when I asked about the sensor areas not being sealed as suggested in the marketing I was told that although it's supposed to be hard for dust to get into that area it's not totally sealed so there wasn't anything wrong with my camera as such, other than it got dirty inside. I have to say that it's really frustrating when that happens on a shoot though, you can see the dust and know that a quick blast with an air rocket would get it off but you just can't get to it!
Old July 11th, 2012, 04:52 AM   #5
Major Player

I just checked on the CPS site and it's my membership that lasts a year, not specifically the C300 so ignore that.
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #6
New Boot

Thanks for the info Paul, that's rather worrying actually.

BTW my first C300 got itself drowned in the moat at Leeds Castle while out on hire. I've just received the insurance replacement.

Cheers Alan
Alan Lacey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems