Bag for C300 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old June 29th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #46
Major Player

Re: Bag for C300

I was looking for a bag that would allow me to store my Canon C100 in an upright position with handle attached. I settled on the Tenba Roadie II HDSLR/Video Shoulder Bag. The Roadie II could easily hold two C100's without breaking down the camera next to each other. Another plus is all the dividers that come with the bag which allows for various custom solutions. The side pockets are pretty big it holds a 312 LED with Sony L batteries comfortably. A cable management bag also fits comfortable on top of my accessories on the left.

The Roadie II shoulder bag comes with an additional tray/audio bag (not shown in the photos) that should you wish to break down the C100 you could fit two on the lower level and place the additional tray/bag on top of the of the C100's to store other accessories. I opted not to break down my C100.
Attached Thumbnails
Bag for C300-tenba-roadie-ii-shoulder-bag-canon-c100-1.jpg   Bag for C300-tenba-roadie-ii-shoulder-bag-canon-c100-2.jpg  

Bag for C300-tenba-roadie-ii-shoulder-bag-canon-c100-3.jpg   Bag for C300-tenba-roadie-ii-shoulder-bag-canon-c100-4.jpg  

Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2016, 12:07 PM   #47
Major Player

Very useful, thanks - might well go for this for my C100 MkII. It is a bit pricey though. I saw a blog where someone said they use one of these - Sachtler Bags Dr. Bag - 3 (replacement for Petrol PC003), but the dimensions don't seem to add up to me - I also want to keep the camera fully assembled. It is over 11" high with the handle on yet the internal dimension of this bag is 8.3" so I'm puzzled why the blogger said he could use it with the camera fully assembled. Anyone know this bag?

Buy - Sachtler Bags SC003 (SC-003) Dr. Bag - 3 Extra Wide Opening (Replacement for Petrol PC003)
Geoffrey Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2016, 02:30 PM   #48
Major Player

Hi, yes I use that bag (mine is a Petrol PC003).

You can sit the C100 fully assembled with a 70-200 lens. There's also room for another lens standing upright and a few batteries. Not too much else though.

I use it when I have to fly as it sits in the overhead compartment.
Josh Dahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2016, 04:02 PM   #49
Major Player

Thanks, very useful info. It is noticeably smaller than the Tenba Roadie which has pros and cons. Flying is not a big issue for me as it won't happen much but general portability is. Quite a bit cheaper too. Going to go for it.
Geoffrey Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2016, 11:49 PM   #50
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemens Sauerwein View Post
Hey fellas,

thanx for all the feedback. Just wanted to check back in and let you all know which route I went.

I went with the Kata OMB-75:
Kata OMB-75 One Man Band Bag, Medium KT OMB-75 B&H Photo Video

Its a perfect fit no matter if its just the camera or a fully rigged up konfiguration.

Cheers,
Clemens
The Kata bags are great. Tall and deep enough. I have the OMB and use it for all my batteries and chargers. For the C300, the best find was a CCC-3 Kata bag, it is really big and can just handle the c300 built up on a Zacuto rig, so you don't have to break it down. Unfortunately, Kata has discontinued all of these models, I think, as of 2015.

I went back to a good old Porta-Brace broadcast camera bag for the MarkII and it works great. It has the bump out for the Gratical viewfinder, so I don't have to remove that. It is also long enough to take the Mark II with the cine lens attached. I've also used a Kata broadcast camera bag, I have old ones from my HDX900 and betacam, but didn't like it being so narrow.
Scott Stoneback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2016, 12:07 AM   #51
Regular Crew

For carry-on purposes, I have flown with the C300 packed into the Pelican 1510. It fits quite well with enough room for lenses and accessories. Plus, if you get put on a small plane, you can gate check the camera and not worry so much about breakage.

Usually, my main concern is having a case I can work out of during the shoot. I don't want to break the cameras down every day if I am not traveling. Soft cases are fine out of the vehicle and allow me to place the camera back into the case when going from here to there by car. The biggest problem I have found is finding a bag that is tall enough, then second to that is wide enough.

The C300 is tall to begin with, then add the monitor assembly and my Zacuto top handle.... all on a vct base. It is very tall. I also have an older Porta-Brace production case 3 that was tall enough to handle the C300 built up, but wasn't practical day-to-day.
Scott Stoneback is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems