DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   CF Cards & C300 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/511543-cf-cards-c300.html)

Roger Pinto October 20th, 2012 10:22 AM

CF Cards & C300

How would these CF cards from WISE behave for Normal/Slow/Fast video recording on Canon C300 as against these CF Cards from Sandisk

Paul Cronin October 21st, 2012 08:55 AM

Re: CF Cards & C300

Rodger I would go to the Canon site and see what they have approved for their camera. Saving a few dollars is never worth it if the card is not approved.

Chris Medico October 21st, 2012 09:37 AM

On paper they look good. What you don't know is if they slow down as they get full or have any other quirks that can catch you when you least expect it on a shoot.

I've been using the Lexar pro series cards for my machines the need CF. Never had a problem with them. Certainly NOT the low cost option though.

Since no one here has offered any first hand experience you may be blazing your own trail with that one. If you give them a try be sure to report back and let us know how they work.

Nigel Barker October 22nd, 2012 02:39 AM

A 32GB card will record 82 minutes of 50Mbps video. We really don't use that many cards on a shoot so it seems pretty pointless to try & save a few bucks on an unknown card when a SanDisk Extreme is guaranteed to work.

Paul Cronin October 22nd, 2012 05:09 AM

Roger I also use Sandisk Extreme 32GB cards on my C300, Nano Flash, 5D MKIII. These cards are great and in my opinion cheap for what they offer.

Last year I had a problem with three cards when an assistant tried to put them in my 5D MKII backwards. It bent the pins on three cards. I sent them back to Sandisk and they replaced the cards.

Buy quality from a quality company and run redundant recording.

Roger Pinto October 23rd, 2012 10:38 PM

Used the 1000x 150Mbps wise CF 64GB card with no issues what so ever. Sandisk is yet to make such high speed cards. Moreover Wise does make range of cards and i have previously used their USB2 based SxS 32GB cards.

David A. Fisher October 24th, 2012 08:02 AM

I agree with Nigel. Why would you risk a shoot that could cost you tens-of-thousands on a card that you saved $50 on?

Terry Nixon October 25th, 2012 11:33 AM

Approved CF Cards for C300

Canon DLC: Cinema EOS Frequently Asked Questions

What kinds of CF Cards are compatible with the C300?

Engineers at Canon, Inc. regularly perform compatibility tests under specific conditions to verify operation with popular, pro-level media cards. This information is updated regularly on Canon USA's web site, and should be periodically checked by users for up-to-date information. As of November, 2011, here is Canon's list of "approved" cards, which successfully passed these tests:

Manufacturer CF card model 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 64GB
Sandisk Extreme Yes Yes Yes
ExtremePro Yes Yes Yes
Hagiwara Z III (UDMA-5) Yes Yes
Lexar Professional 300x Yes* Yes* Yes*
Professional 600x Yes* Yes*
Delkin Devices CombatFlash Yes* Yes* Yes*
Transcend CompactFlash Yes* Yes*

* Operation confirmed in all recording modes EXCEPT slow motion

Roger Pinto November 7th, 2012 09:24 AM

Wise 32GB CF Cards 1000x 150Mbps used extensively for event shoots on Slow & Fast mo shoots also. It worked perfectly to satisfaction with my C300 !!!