C100 Debut/screening in LA Dec 1st at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old November 17th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #1
Major Player

C100 Debut/screening in LA Dec 1st

Hey everyone, we are hosting the C100 LA debut at the Canon Hollywood center on Saturday Dec. 1st. There will be an overview of the camera as well as the 1st screening of the Canon USA sponsored C100 short films....one being a narrative piece and possibly well get to see a 2nd Doc piece. Tim Smith, Canon's adviser on the C300 films also worked on these shorts, which will show all the potential of the C100. Canon tech reps will also be on hand to answer any questions or demonstrate the C100 as well as the C300 & C500. It's from 10am to 2pm with lunch provided. You can sign up on the below listed link and there is a $15 registration fee that will be countered by a $15 in-store coupon you receive when arrive at the event (this way will let us know a more accurate count so we know how much food to get!).
Filmtools C100 Workshop and Lunch at Canon Hollywood Support Center
See you there!

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com

Last edited by Jim Martin; November 17th, 2012 at 06:22 PM. Reason: missed something
Jim Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: C100 Debut/screening in LA Dec 1st

Thanks for sharing Jim.

Seems awfully late in the day to have a premiere...aside from the "just c it" clip do you think anything else will be released online before this date?
Steve Madsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 02:49 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Good luck with the event Jim and thanks for the update.

If, as I've read, some C100s have already shipped to places like Australia etc., I think Canon would be wise to release any new demo film on the web as soon as it is ready/approved. Tim Smith should know the cams capabilities really well, compared to some of the new owners - and 'owners in waiting' like me.

After the mostly negative reaction resulting from the heavily graded "Just C it!" C100 demo film...let's not go over all that again... what's now urgently needed is a well produced C100 demo that clearly shows, not hides, the C100s capabilities before any more worryingly poor user clips/films emerge (like that recent C100/C300 wedding highlights film - very soft - and terrible moire in the C100 roof tile shots). A much cheaper 3-year old Canon DSLR could have EASILY done just as well (i.e. badly) on those shots!

So Canon, if you're listening, no point closing the stable door after the horse has bolted!

Last edited by Andy Wilkinson; November 18th, 2012 at 03:22 AM.
Andy Wilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #4
Major Player

Andy-
Because of the "Just C It" film is why Canon USA is doing these 2 films......and with Tim running the show, I know we will see the best results possible from the C100. When Canon puts the films out on the internet, I don't know.....but, as we all know, footage on the internet does not do any camera justice. I look forward to seeing this/these shorts projected (using a 2K DLP projector) on a 10-12' screen on Dec. 1st.

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #5
Major Player

Be sure to sign up so we can get a good head count! See ya Saturday!

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com
Old December 13th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Jim, What happened?
Michael Stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #7
Wrangler

I had to go on a last-minute location scout that morning so I couldn't make it--hope others enjoyed my $15 lunch contribution!
Old December 13th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #8
Major Player

Charles, I'll have to make it up to you somehow....the event went quite well, the films looked great and the big thing for me about the C100 is that it has the same "magic" chip as the C300 & C500...meaning the same amazing low light, Canon log, and the ability to see both light & dark in the same shot and get them both right. The doc "Pulse" is out and the narrative should be out very soon.Also, some of the attendees were there to decide between the C100 & the C300...many have held/seen the C300 but wanted to compare size, weight, & function between it and the C100.....so quite a few made their decisions that day!

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com
Old December 13th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #9
Major Player

Hi Jim,

Glad your event went well.

Sorry to ask you but I'm just wondering if any of your illustrious Canon guests had anything to say about the C300 firmware update that we have all been discussing on this forum.

Maybe now the initial Cinema Eos launch has been completed with the C500, C300 and C100 (not to forget the Eos 1D C) out on the streets Canon will be able to respond to the huge request for a firmware update to add additional functionality to the C300.
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #10
Major Player

I was told there would be nothing until 1st quarter next year.......what would be in any update, I have no idea....but as I've posted before, Canon, with extensive interviews, focus groups and reading blogs, knows everything that people have requested.

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com
Old December 20th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #11
Major Player

Hi Jim,

Thank's for that update.

It's fair to say that with the huge amount of publicity surrounding the launch of the C300 with user reviews, blogs and clips to watch, that anyone buying the camera would have had a fair idea of what features were included or omitted.

I've had the camera for 8 months now and continue to be delighted with the images it records. I really look forward to going out filming and know that the camera can easily cope with a huge range of light conditions.

So no excuses now, if it doesn't look good I can't blame the equipment.

Have a great Christmas
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems