C100 dual slot recording, anyone have issues? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old April 6th, 2014, 05:03 AM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: C100 dual slot recording, anyone have issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny O'Neill View Post
I had a card crap out on me yesterday. Turned off, removed on, shake it, whisper a little prayer. Nothing, just said to check card.

Put it in the computer and it reads fine. Put it back in today and it recovered one clip and now seems to be working without a format.
You should throw that card away. Not necessarily because it's likely to fail again but if ever some time in the future it did fail again then you would be kicking yourself that you didn't throw it away when it crapped out the first time. SD cards are cheap enough now.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2014, 08:10 AM   #32
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Davis View Post
Two 16 GB Transcend cards (known good, 8-9 write/erase cycles), Recorded on and off using the dual card mode for the duration of a battery. Rinse, repeat.

No problems so far...
Ditto, except mine are all 32GB and 64GB Transcend Class 10 and I run in dual card mode 100% of the time.

I've yet to see a problem.
Old April 7th, 2014, 01:46 AM   #33
Major Player

After much testing it appears to be a faulty card. We have 2 64gb cards from the same batch. One failed weeks ago and the card totally died. This one just seems to drop out when recording gets to 1hr+. You can often continue but it needs to recover the clip.

Ran it to death in all our cameras and each time crapped out at 1hr+. Stuck it in dual mode with the new 64gb we have and again, crapped out.

Thank goodness these things have a lifetime warranty. Another replacement me thinks.
Old May 11th, 2015, 09:08 AM   #34
Trustee

I am having odd issues with what I hope is a bad SD card. Shooting with 2 64GB Sandisk Ultra cards in dual mode. I have had my c100 for over 2 years and never even shot in single mode before. Anyway, I was shooting an event on Saturday and 1 hour into it a message pops up and says "recording stopped". In fact it had stopped and pressing record would not work. I noticed slot A was blinking red. I realized something was wrong but I needed to continue filming....which is exactly why dual card recording is so valuable. But it would not allow me to record. I rebooted and still no worky. I went into settings and switched back to single card record mode and still no worky. Finally I removed the card from slot B and put it in slow A and it started recording and I was able to finish the event.

Any thoughts on this? I realize I might have had a bad card but shouldn't my camera have been able to continue using the 1 good card that was left? Isn't that the reason for the redundancy? If a card fails or gets corrupt you can keep going? Or I am missing something. I just want to be sure that this is normal if one of the cards fails.

Thanks in advance and sorry to kick such an old thread to the top of the list. But that's what using the search function does. :)
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems