DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   Bag for your C100/C300/C500 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/513698-bag-your-c100-c300-c500.html)

Peter Chaney January 22nd, 2013 09:07 PM

Bag for your C100/C300/C500

2 Attachment(s)
I thought I would share information on the bag I use for traveling on planes and also daily use. I use the Lowepro X200 Roller Bag and its perfect for anyone travels because it fits in the overhead compartment without question. I travel with a C100, 5D MKIII, 6 lenses, 1 set of Lavs, 1 Video Mic Pro, 1 Rode NTG-2, Laptop and 300 LED light. You can also use the bag as a light stand on the handle.

Gary Huff January 23rd, 2013 09:47 AM

Re: Bag for your C100/C300/C500

Peter, that looks like a great bag! I typically travel with a backpack that holds the camera bodies + lenses and my MacBook (along with accessories) and then a roller bag with my clothes and such. How do you travel with both clothing and gear with this case? Do you have to check luggage?

Might be interested in keeping the backpack setup, but definitively am intrigued by the roller bag you listed. My next trip involving planes and gear should be coming up in April.

Peter Chaney January 23rd, 2013 01:57 PM

I check in my bag that has all of my clothing and a tripod and monopod because I'd rather have my clothing go missing that my camera equipment and there is no real value in the tripod. This bag also converts into a backpack if you want and use the roller part just for clothing. The bag is really versatile and helps to not use it as a backpack when you are out in the field. I do alot of racing documentary work and we have to walk alot to get to the pits and having a backpack to weigh you down can really take alot of extra energy out of someone. I may do a short video review of the bag just so people can see how the bag is.

Erik Naso January 25th, 2013 12:26 AM

I'm looking for a soft bag that will handle the C300 with handle and LCD attached. If you know any good choices please share.

Darren Levine January 25th, 2013 10:23 AM

calumet has their packpacks on sale. pretty nice lookin, been meaning to stop by thier shop to have a look

Digital cameras, lenses and photo gear at calumetphoto.com

James Strange February 7th, 2013 09:40 PM

Also on the lookout for a bag or case than can carry the c100 with handle attached. So u can just open the bag take cam out , turn on and shoot.

If anyone's finds something that fits the bill, please do share.

Darren Levine February 7th, 2013 10:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i gotta say, this is turning out to be by far the biggest design annoyance of the c1//3/500, none of my roller or backpack bags work with it!

i've had to dig out some old regular style cases, which i've grown away from over the years. i just like my bags to either be on my back, or rolling. haven't found either yet in any combination that works well with the handle attached.

heres what my kata looks like though, i just threw this together for demonstrative purposes, i haven't optimized or even used this yet....

Brett Sherman February 8th, 2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Strange (Post 1777901)
Also on the lookout for a bag or case than can carry the c100 with handle attached. So u can just open the bag take cam out , turn on and shoot.

If anyone's finds something that fits the bill, please do share.

Take a look at the Petrol PC003. Because of the doctor bag style and arched top, it should be able to fit the C100 with handle on. I have a C300 and get just barely get it in with the LCD attached(no handle). The advantage of this case is that when you need to get it under an airline seat, you can remove the cart, take off the handle and scrunch it down to 10" high.

Matt Davis February 11th, 2013 09:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Once again, I have to say I'm lovin' my ThinkTank stuff. Another ThinkTank Airport Acceleration v2

Airport Accelerator

Found a layout that satisfies both an FS100 gig (for 1080p60) or C100 (pretty much anything else) that's back-packable and airline friendly - we're talking European budget airlines like EasyJet that like to trip you up by having slightly smaller dimensions.

BTW, a 17" laptop will fit in the 'lid' so with this setup I'm good to go on any assignment assuming my tripod arrives (and that's a different story, but why I bought into C100 and IS - I can shoot without it if necessary). I also carry a Canon 550D body plus a few bits in my ScottE-Vest.

Paul Cronin February 11th, 2013 01:20 PM

I agree Matt, packing my Airport Accelerator right now for a trip this week. It has become my favorite pack. I also have two of their roller bags. One is the domestic larger bag and one is the international about same size as Accelerator backpack. Rugged, great packing options, and the best-built bag I have owned.

You will not be disappointed with their gear.

Richard Jacobs February 12th, 2013 07:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I dug out an old bag to use with the C100 and it's working fine, especially for run and gun shoots.
This is a Petrol Pcub-1n U-bag (discontinued, but on sale at adorama for $75).
Great when wanting to be compact and agile. It also allows the handle to stay on at all times (minimizing setup time). The side zipper pouches have sleeves that hold the chargers for the C100 and the Ninja-2 perfectly, as well as cables, and other accessories. It's my bag for now, but if someone shares a bag idea that allows for the handle, and a little bit more storage (not much) I'm all over it.

Andy Wilkinson February 12th, 2013 07:34 AM

Lots more bag and picture info regarding C300 and C100 on this parallel thread too.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/new-cano...-bag-c300.html

Chris Loughlin February 12th, 2013 07:39 AM

I love my Petrol PC300 which (with a small snip in one of the side dividers) enables me to carry my C300 with the side grip attached, along with 4 lenses; 4 batteries + charger; C300 Monitor and handle, NTG3 and muff +XLR lead; memory cards and other bits and pieces. It's a backpack rather than a roller - which I prefer.

On a related topic (as I'm about to fly to South Africa with it all) - does everyone get a Carnet when they travel? I have for this trip - but I''ve done others without, and not had any problems. As it's cost me £500 this time, I just wondered what other people do or have had experience of when travelling abroad with filming gear?

Richard Jacobs February 12th, 2013 07:44 AM

The Petrol C300 sounds great. Do you have a picture you can share that shows the C300 in the bag with the handle on? I have a C100, but if it works for the C300, it'll work for it's little bro.

Paul Joy February 12th, 2013 10:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm a huge fan of the ThinkTank Airport International V2. I've travelled all over Europe with this and never had a problem with it being too big to take on as hand luggage. I tend to pack it depending on my use but here's a photo with it set up for two cam interviews. As you can see it's got both the C100 and C300 inside along with batteries, two canon primes, the 70-200, lav mics as well as an NTG3 under the zoom lens.

Best features include a securing wire and padlock in the back which is great when leaving the bag at client offices or even sitting in an airport falling asleep! It has lockable main zips and the best wheels I've seen on a roller bag, they really cushion the bag as it's rolled meaning less vibration passed on to the kit.

It also comes in a bigger version for US flights with bigger hand luggage capacity.

Paul