DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   Any C100 folks using Zacuto Target Shhoter? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/514288-any-c100-folks-using-zacuto-target-shhoter.html)

John Gyovai February 12th, 2013 09:59 PM

Any C100 folks using Zacuto Target Shhoter?

On sale for a couple more days and not sure if I would really use it all the time? Anybody have experience with it?

John Gyovai February 12th, 2013 10:21 PM

Re: Any C100 folks using Zacuto Striker?

Just read my post and missed the link: Zacuto New Year Specials

Erik Naso February 12th, 2013 10:35 PM

Re: Any C100 folks using Zacuto Target Shhoter?

Tempting. Would work well with my GH3 when they get around to making a Z-Finder for it.

Josh Dahlberg February 12th, 2013 10:43 PM

I use it with the C300. Very handy - I wouldn't want a rig any larger than this. That extra contact point against the chest/shoulder makes a real difference.

The best part about the C300 base plate with the target shooter is that it has mounts for screw in rods at the front (that I use for a follow focus), and another 15mm rod mount on the left side (I use a short rod protruding from this to mount a 7" monitor). By Zacuto standards it's a cheap set-up, very compact, and handy. You can leave the base plate on permanently, and easily add the other components when desired.

Erik Naso February 13th, 2013 10:59 PM

Zacuto is releasing a new rig The C-Shooter.
DSLR News Shooter | Zacuto launch the C-shooter – a simple yet elegant rig for the Canon C100, 300 and 500

Retails for about a grand.

Matt Davis February 14th, 2013 02:22 AM

The key thing there being the grip relocator - and the lovely thing about all this kit is that we could 'roll our own' with existing bits to achieve something like the C-Shooter, plus of course, that killer app: the grip relocator.

But like all of these things, including the Target Shooter (and the Striker, which I have), it makes the rig difficult to put down, pick up and run around with. Personally, having used the FS100 first nude, then with the Striker, then with a shoulder rig, it drove me nuts.

So holding fire until the C100 version of the Z-Finder comes out, and enjoying the C100 handheld 'au naturel'.

Albeit with straps.

John Gyovai February 14th, 2013 01:40 PM

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the shooter (yeah, I just put that sentence together - pun intended). Will see how I like it. I've been using a DSLR for the last couple of years and got use to the strap method for shooting. Not liking the strap with the C100 so tried a monopod with it and liked the results, but still missing the flexibility of true hand held shooting. Here is a low res clip from two weeks ago with the mono pod (except opening shot and a few handheld):