Any C100 folks using Zacuto Target Shhoter? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old February 12th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Any C100 folks using Zacuto Target Shhoter?

On sale for a couple more days and not sure if I would really use it all the time? Anybody have experience with it?
John Gyovai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Any C100 folks using Zacuto Striker?

Just read my post and missed the link: Zacuto New Year Specials
John Gyovai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Any C100 folks using Zacuto Target Shhoter?

Tempting. Would work well with my GH3 when they get around to making a Z-Finder for it.
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #4
Major Player

I use it with the C300. Very handy - I wouldn't want a rig any larger than this. That extra contact point against the chest/shoulder makes a real difference.

The best part about the C300 base plate with the target shooter is that it has mounts for screw in rods at the front (that I use for a follow focus), and another 15mm rod mount on the left side (I use a short rod protruding from this to mount a 7" monitor). By Zacuto standards it's a cheap set-up, very compact, and handy. You can leave the base plate on permanently, and easily add the other components when desired.
Josh Dahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Zacuto is releasing a new rig The C-Shooter.
DSLR News Shooter | Zacuto launch the C-shooter – a simple yet elegant rig for the Canon C100, 300 and 500

Retails for about a grand.
Old February 14th, 2013, 02:22 AM   #6
Trustee

The key thing there being the grip relocator - and the lovely thing about all this kit is that we could 'roll our own' with existing bits to achieve something like the C-Shooter, plus of course, that killer app: the grip relocator.

But like all of these things, including the Target Shooter (and the Striker, which I have), it makes the rig difficult to put down, pick up and run around with. Personally, having used the FS100 first nude, then with the Striker, then with a shoulder rig, it drove me nuts.

So holding fire until the C100 version of the Z-Finder comes out, and enjoying the C100 handheld 'au naturel'.

Albeit with straps.
Old February 14th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the shooter (yeah, I just put that sentence together - pun intended). Will see how I like it. I've been using a DSLR for the last couple of years and got use to the strap method for shooting. Not liking the strap with the C100 so tried a monopod with it and liked the results, but still missing the flexibility of true hand held shooting. Here is a low res clip from two weeks ago with the mono pod (except opening shot and a few handheld):
John Gyovai is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems