DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   Mounting two wireless receivers on C300? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/515208-mounting-two-wireless-receivers-c300.html)

Thierry Humeau March 21st, 2013 07:26 AM

Mounting two wireless receivers on C300?

Has anyone found a good solution to mount two wireless receivers on a C300 and still have good access to the camera's handle?

Thanks.

Thierry

Bob Willis March 21st, 2013 09:19 AM

Re: Mounting two wireless receivers on C300?

Handheld: breakout cable to waistpack with 2 receivers.
Tripod: Rails with Battery plate with wireless plate attached. Kind of like the arrangement on a regular broadcast shoulder cam.

Depends on the wireless kit used. The Sennheiser series are small enough to mount but I find my older Lectrosonics need to be off camera if I am handheld.

Brett Sherman March 21st, 2013 09:51 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I only have one mounted. But the best solution I found was to get a right angle at the hardware store and mount it on against the BNC jacks (since I never use those), but attached to the side using 3m dual lock. I also have a couple velcro spots on top of the BNC jack covers otherwise it will lever off the dual lock connection when bumped. There's still enough room to get my hand around the handle.

I don't think it would work stacking two receivers, but in case it's useful to someone else I attached photos.

Thierry Humeau March 21st, 2013 01:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Looks pretty nice and compact for one wireless. Here is what I rigged this morning. Not perfect but not bad either. At least, the camera is fairly well balanced and the wirelesses don't interfere with the camera handle.

Derek Reich March 22nd, 2013 09:09 AM

The best solution by far is a dual-channel receiver like this one from Lectro:
SR Series | Receivers | Wireless & IFB | Products
It can be fitted with a sleeve which has a hot shoe mount (still an issue with the handle though) and a battery pack which will last days. This is what I have been using since I got my 300, and love the setup.

Syeed Ali March 22nd, 2013 10:12 AM

You can also attach 1 receiver to the C300 grip strap.

Bob Willis March 22nd, 2013 10:36 AM

Derek, I agree completely that this is the best way to go if you can. I have used the Lectro SR series arrangement on occasion with a soundman I work with and it is the best. Works with a variety of small (and big) cameras when you need to be mobile and handheld.

Tim Bakland March 23rd, 2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syeed Ali (Post 1785969)
You can also attach 1 receiver to the C300 grip strap.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this! :) (and not just with the C100).

Nate Haustein April 4th, 2013 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll let the photo speak for me...

Nate Haustein May 13th, 2013 08:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I think I found another solution to mount two wireless receivers. I have a run-n-gun gig coming up and need to use the top hot shoe for a monitor. I wanted to keep the receivers out of the way, so I bought a handful of parts from CoolLCD.com and put them together to sling the cold shoe mounts under the handle. The three zip ties make it surprisingly solid, definitely not going anywhere. I think the "final product" will have black zip ties. It cost me about $20 in parts, but the result seems to be pretty good without anything hanging off the camera at odd angles. Finished rig shown in the final photo. I'm satisfied.

Daniel Epstein May 14th, 2013 11:50 AM

Nate looks clean but how do you pick up the camera by the handle now? I guess you don't.

Nate Haustein May 14th, 2013 12:52 PM

Just around the front part of the entire handle. Not ideal but worth it to have the mics where I want them.

James Strange May 14th, 2013 06:32 PM

I used this on my 60d

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/685141-REG/J_Rod_THE_J_CUBE_The_J_Cube_Accessory_Shoe.html
Use it now on my c100

It's pricey, but very robust. And unlike most 'double' shoe adapters , it's height is very low.

Craig Chartier May 15th, 2013 08:36 PM

I am currently reviewing several Wooden Camera handles and rigs. I'll let you guys know if any will work for mounting Wireless units