DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   Changing ISO without handle (C100) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/516330-changing-iso-without-handle-c100.html)

Markus Nord May 5th, 2013 01:54 PM

Changing ISO without handle (C100)

Hi
I don't own a C100 and don't have a friend or shop close by with the camera, so I can't check this myself. Is it possible to change the ISO if the handle is removed?
Why? Because if I would get the C100 I would have to make my own UW housing and would like to do that without the handle.

So, is it possible?
Cheers

Andy Solaini May 5th, 2013 04:12 PM

Re: Changing ISO without handle (C100)

Markus you certainly can change the ISO without the top handle. I only picked up my C100 on Friday but I just tried it now to be sure and it changes the ISO no problem.

So far I'm really impressed with the C100.

I was just watching your videos. Very nice work. I really like the Exploring the inner spaces one. The cave under the water looks very interesting and I might add a bit scary!

Pavel Sedlak May 5th, 2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Nord (Post 1794179)
Hi
I don't own a C100 and don't have a friend or shop close by with the camera, so I can't check this myself. Is it possible to change the ISO if the handle is removed?
Why? Because if I would get the C100 I would have to make my own UW housing and would like to do that without the handle.

So, is it possible?
Cheers

C300 has two joysticks (one is on the main body of camera), but C100 has only one (on the right handle).
The top handle with XLRs you can remove but the right handle you need for changing iso.

Andy Solaini May 5th, 2013 07:23 PM

Ah sorry Markus did you mean the side handle? If so then like Pavel said you can't change the ISO because you lose the joystick that you need to change the menu.

Markus Nord May 5th, 2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pavel Sedlak (Post 1794219)
C300 has two joysticks (one is on the main body of camera), but C100 has only one (on the right handle).
The top handle with XLRs you can remove but the right handle you need for changing iso.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Solaini (Post 1794221)
Ah sorry Markus did you mean the side handle? If so then like Pavel said you can't change the ISO because you lose the joystick that you need to change the menu.

Yes, is was the side handle I meant. So it needs to be on the camera, to bad... Then I need to look at a solution with the side handle on...

Thanks for your reply's...

Markus Nord May 5th, 2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Solaini (Post 1794198)
I was just watching your videos. Very nice work. I really like the Exploring the inner spaces one. The cave under the water looks very interesting and I might add a bit scary!

Thanks, together with another filmmaker we'll release a 40 minutes documentary film in the end of this summer. The Swedish version will hopefully be broadcast in Sweden during this summer...

Pavel Sedlak May 6th, 2013 05:17 AM

You have the ISO button on the main body of camera but canon don't let you assign some buttons (4,6 can be good choise) for ISO+ and ISO-.

Canon let you change Iris+ and Iris- (by assign buttons), AE Shift +-, Headpone+ -, but don't let you assign ISO +-. It looks like the thing for changing with next firmware.

Markus Nord May 6th, 2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pavel Sedlak (Post 1794258)
You have the ISO button on the main body of camera but canon don't let you assign some buttons (4,6 can be good choise) for ISO+ and ISO-.

Canon let you change Iris+ and Iris- (by assign buttons), AE Shift +-, Headpone+ -, but don't let you assign ISO +-. It looks like the thing for changing with next firmware.

Thanks Pavel... a button would be much better then to make something that works for the joystick. I hope that Canon can adress this in a future upgrade.