DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   C100 audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/516625-c100-audio.html)

Kathy Smith May 22nd, 2013 03:48 AM

Re: C100 audio

Thanks so much Matt. This is great. I will give it a try.

Kathy Smith May 22nd, 2013 05:25 AM

Found online this post and thought that this was interesting use of the rubber insulator that comes with Sanken.
Last post
Favorite mic for hiding under clothing - b-roll.net FORUM

Any opinions on this. Looks like a nice solution.

Kathy Smith May 29th, 2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Bloom (Post 1796184)
Kathy,
I don't know anything about the Canon C100 but as to your question about setting up a broadcast loop on your sanken mic, this is the clip that virtually every news group uses (at least here in Chicago and most all I've ever seen). Sennheiser MZQ 22 Double Tie Clip MZQ-222 B&H Photo Video
I've got them also and even though it says double mic of course you can use one and have an extra piece in case one gets lost. It is made for looping. I use Countryman EMW mics almost 100% but have used many others (except Sankens) in these clips and they work great.

Hi Don,

Can you show me how you loop using this particular clip?

Don Bloom May 29th, 2013 05:53 AM

Sure,
After you place the wire thru the wire clip and attach it to the lapel clip take the wire and run it up thru the "corner" of the lapel clip in between the front of the lapel clip and the back. Take the mic cable and insert it into the cable clip on the end of the spring part of the clip in the opposite direction. IOW the first part of the mic cable is going UP and the 2nd part of the cable going thru the cable clip is going down.

Hope that's clear. I can't get a close enough pic to be able to show it clearly but it's a pretty easy thing. Up and down. Clip it on and set to go!

HTHs

Kathy Smith May 29th, 2013 06:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am not sure if I understand. Sorry this is a second lav clip I've seen in my life. See attached image. Is this what you mean by wire clip and "corner" of the lapel clip?

Matt Davis May 29th, 2013 06:22 AM

Very similar to the video I posted on the previous page. :-D

First loop (up) goes into the space at the end of the clip you use to attach the mic. It then loops down and clips into the bit at the other side, so the cable hangs DOWN (which makes it neater to thread).

My rushed video failed to show me twisting the mic around in the clip in order to make the up-loop lay flat. That's the trick - twist the wire to make the loops lay flat both on the up loop and the down loop. Ensure that, when you clip the whole thing to a lapel or shirt, that the cable naturally wants to hug the cloth and point the cable in the right direction. It's all in the twist.

Don Bloom May 29th, 2013 06:59 AM

Kathy,
the "wire clip" in your photo is the "mic clip". That's where you put the microphone by removing both of the clips (only need one) push that over the cable by the mic capsule, squeeze it together and put back into the lapel clip. Now the cable is hanging down so take it UP and open the back of the clip by squeezing it like you were putting it on someone. Now the cable is looped from the mic into the corner of the lapel clip. Now take the cable and slip it into the loop of metal on the back of the lapel clip going in a downward direction. It looks like an "S" laying on it's side.
As Matt stated it's best to twist the cable a bit just to make sure it lays flat and doesn't want to "bunch" up.