C100 Firmware Update: Feature Requests - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old July 16th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: C100 Firmware Update: Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott W. Thomas View Post
Fix the magnified image so that it doesn't suck so much. ( alias, pixilation issues) the magnification on the mk2 and mk3 is great! why is the c100 magnification so bad.
What, exactly, is this problem? Are you really pixel peeping the magnified view? You can't magnify the image while recording, which automatically makes the MK2/3 magnification way worse than the C100.

And if you say, "I can't focus"...bollocks, I do it every day.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Never thought I'd hear a Texan say that most English of expletives, "bollocks" - a fine cultural export, I think.

You just made me smile, Gary.

Sorry - carry on talking amongst yourselves...

Ben.
Ben Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #18
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Huff View Post
What, exactly, is this problem? Are you really pixel peeping the magnified view? You can't magnify the image while recording, which automatically makes the MK2/3 magnification way worse than the C100.

And if you say, "I can't focus"...bollocks, I do it every day.
I have both the c100 and mk3 and trust me the c100 lcd image quality is sh#t in so many ways. And the c100 magnified image is woeful compared to the mk3. I'm talking viewing quality not functionality or it's implementation.

Brisbanes favorite wedding videography studio. GoldCoast & Sunshine Coast.
Scott W. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott W. Thomas View Post
IAnd the c100 magnified image is woeful compared to the mk3. I'm talking viewing quality not functionality or it's implementation.
Okay, you need to explain exactly why viewing quality of the magnified focus assist matters whatsoever.

The difference between it and the 5D3 is that the 5D3 gives you a second level of zoom. That's nice, but magnified with peaking is all I need.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 08:55 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Neither the viewfinder or the LCD are colour-accurate in any way. I would like them to adjust both in the firmware, or at least give us more control in adjusting them.
Old July 21st, 2013, 11:48 AM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Weaver View Post
Neither the viewfinder or the LCD are colour-accurate in any way.
Absolutely! +1 and all that!

Word to the wise and all that... LCD/VF setup menu gives you Brightness, Contrast, Colour, Sharpness and Backlight. I have wound up the sharpness in the VF.

PLUGE helps to set the correct contrast/brightness, but nothing like having a setup (int and ext) next to your edit suite, rubbing the settings together to make what you see on the LCD match (as closely as possible) what you seen on your monitor.

To be honest, I got to a certain point and gave up. I now have a SmallHD AC7 monitor that I've lined up by eye with my Vutrix edit monitor so I have slightly more than half a clue what's going to be on the edit monitor. I have to say, we've been spoiled by Sony who've worked very hard on their LCD panels on the EX1s (and others I hope).

PS: there IS an R-G-B matrix to play with the colour balance too, but that spooked me too much. It was at that point I purchased an AC7, and decided to continue my delusion that the C100 EVF and the LCD were for letting me know where the camera was pointing. In my little 'gentleman's notebook' I've underlined the fact that at no point can one check WB on the C100's LCD or EVF.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 03:08 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Re: C100 Firmware Update: Feature Requestsin

Interestingly enough, I've found my Ninja-2 to be more accurate than the built-in LCD.

But I don't worry about it myself. I set WB with a gray card. Shooting to ProRes HQ gives me a lot of flexibility in post, so I get accurate color on set and worry about stylizing later.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems