jazz performance clip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old January 16th, 2014, 11:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

jazz performance clip - Canon C100

Hello fellow shooters, I just finished editing this clip I shot and would appreciate hearing your opinion.
Some notes: Client requested which songs to use in what order and where to fade in and out. Also requested a people having a good time shots. I used far more fade transitions that I ever used but somehow I did not see a better solution in this case. In some cases I use slow mo from the EOS which is 720p and crop even further, masking the low res look as best as I could. The EOS M did not perform well in such low light and in contrast with the C100 shots, rendered it mostly unusable. What else...? I applied filmconvert grain to the whole thing, it seemed to fit the jazz atmosphere.

Canon C100 with Canon 70-200 ƒ2.8 II, mostly handheld
Canon EOS M 18-55 ƒ4 tripod
TASCAM DR-40 (feed from mixing board)

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Erick Munari; January 17th, 2014 at 09:39 AM.
Erick Munari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2014, 01:30 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: jazz performance clip

I try to see if you left the s in the http. bit that was not it. But if people click on the DOM FINAL 160114 at the top of the player it goes to Vimeo and the video. Being that I'm in a learning stage on editing to get better myself. I like it.
Michael Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2014, 06:59 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I enjoyed it. Nice job. Gave a good feel for the atmosphere created at the event. Although what about the drummer? He did not get any love. :)
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2014, 02:06 PM   #4
Major Player

Maybe a sit in drummer if he's not even getting mentioned at the end? Either way, great video, the songs cut together pretty well. I really liked the out of focus light shots that you used as transitions.
Mark Koha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2014, 04:29 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I did not have a good shot of the drummer I could have used without it looking out of synch, he is however, credited in the end (Lawrence Leathers) at 2;40-ish. Great drummer by the way. Another thing to add is that I did not always had free range to roam with the camera, organizers were quite sticky about cameras, patrons privacy, etc...and for thatreason as well as for the amazing beautiful images it creates, the 70-200 2.8 is a dream lens,
Thank you all for watching and taking the time to respond.
Erick Munari is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems