C100/300 C-Log Gamma & Wide DR Matrix at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old February 5th, 2014, 03:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

C100/300 C-Log Gamma & Wide DR Matrix

Is anyone successfully combining a Color Matrix different than Canon Log Matrix with C-Log Gamma, especially on a C100? For example I'm able to assign EOS Matrix to Wide DR Gamma with no problem.

If C-Log Gamma is dialed in, I can still select any Color Matrix in the menu, but flipping through the different matrix settings the color scheme doesn't change. This can be confirmed by judging the viewfinder. It somehow sticks to the matching C-Log Matrix (running the latest firmware on my C100). I can „set“ it to Wide DR temporarily, but after turning the Camera off and on again, it gets replaced by Canon Log Matrix.

I'd like to combine the pleasing (at least to my eye) colors of Wide DR oder EOS Std. color scheme with the nice gamma curve of C-Log. Skin tones are ok with C-Log Matrix, but green tends to blue, orange to yellow and so on.

Thanks,
Martin
Old February 5th, 2014, 04:11 PM   #2
Tourist

Re: C100/300 C-Log Gamma & Wide DR Matrix

Hi Martin, I have the C300 and use the following Color Matrix settings with the Wide Dynamic Gamma:
Matrix: EOS Std, Gain -10 until -13, Phase +7, R-G +4, R-B -6, G-R 0, G-B -2, B-R -5, B-G +5. White Balance: R-Gain -2/G-Gain 0/B-Gain +1. Important: Gain always -3 dB. When you go up with the gain, the colour saturation will go down. When you use -6 dB, the maximum exposure level will be under 100%. For Lowlight you should take another picture profile.
Erich Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2014, 12:48 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you, Erich. I'll definitely try your settings. I wonder if dynamic range will suffer from negative gain. But more important to me: can you combine EOS Matrix with C-Log Gamma?
Old February 6th, 2014, 01:11 AM   #4
Tourist

Hi Martin, I didn`t try that; I dont like to have much work in the postproduction.
Erich Nebe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems