DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   Just finished up my first real estate shoot - opinions please! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/522207-just-finished-up-my-first-real-estate-shoot-opinions-please.html)

Dan McGuckin March 13th, 2014 07:54 AM

Just finished up my first real estate shoot - opinions please!

Filmed with the C100, Canon 10-22, Canon 70-200 and Zeiss 50mm Makro.

James Manford March 13th, 2014 08:04 AM

Re: Just finished up my first real estate shoot - opinions please!

How much does the house cost?

Looks good to me. May be use a lower thirds layer rather than keeping it plain and simple with times new roman.

Dan McGuckin March 13th, 2014 08:15 AM

House is 850k - I agree on the lower thirds, am going to use for the next one.

Dan McGuckin March 13th, 2014 10:37 AM

Added lower thirds & price. Good now!

Nicholas de Kock March 13th, 2014 11:33 AM

Visually the quality is great but that music style is not, audio is 50% of the production, the music definitely kills it for me also sounds a bit low res like its 96 bitrate? Be careful with those lower thirds, the animation distracts me from the video, I'd say keep it simple.

James Manford March 13th, 2014 11:40 AM

Looks great, but try finding a lower third that isn't so animated as it does take my eye off the spectacular views of the house and focus on the text.

The issue you had initially was the white font and times new roman that looked very bland and boring, even hard to read in certain scenes.

It's getting there ... I personally think the music is fine. It's a real estate video at the end of the day not sure what other music you can use but I guess you can play around with a few instrumentals to see what you think fits.

The shots are good though. What slider were you using with the C100 if you don't mind me asking?

Dan McGuckin March 13th, 2014 11:40 AM

Music was grabbed offline, wish I had the budget for custom sound on this one but it was pro bono for my reel

Dan McGuckin March 13th, 2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Manford (Post 1836782)
Looks great, but try finding a lower third that isn't so animated as it does take my eye off the spectacular views of the house and focus on the text.

The issue you had initially was the white font and times new roman that looked very bland and boring, even hard to read in certain scenes.

It's getting there ... I personally think the music is fine. It's a real estate video at the end of the day not sure what other music you can use but I guess you can play around with a few instrumentals to see what you think fits.

The shots are good though. What slider were you using with the C100 if you don't mind me asking?

Going to leave the lower for this one, I'll try something less flashy for the next. Slider was an atlas 30

Andrew Maclaurin March 18th, 2014 03:53 PM

Nice video but I wanted to see more of the great setting, the river etc!

Chris Harding March 18th, 2014 09:35 PM

Hi Dan

It's a pretty location and a great house but surely this is a sales video?? For me it screams tell me about it .. sell it to me!! I see so many videos of properties with just images and music.

IMHO it needs at the very least some narration by the agent selling it ... even better the agent should be in the video using all his/her selling skills to explain why the house is such a good buy, all the features that are in the house rather than just images. No offence but a still camera could have done the same job with a couple of pans across the image and lower thirds ..that's what most agents tend to use as they can do it themselves and make a simple slideshow. Your camera moves are IQ are excellent of course but it's really only just images with lower thirds so there is no effort made by the Realtor to actually sell it.

The HUGE advantage of video is the live audio side including ambience and most importantly a live presenter doing the selling job ... the advantages being that the Realtor has already personally shown the house to the viewer so they get concrete enquiries.

Nothing wrong with the video and the camera moves,,they are stunning ..it's just the lack of communication with the viewer.

Dan McGuckin March 19th, 2014 06:06 AM

Thanks Chris, yes I actually did the two that I did as more of a baseline - blank template for my reel. I have one next week that is with a narrator. I wanted 3 different types for my reel so that an agent could see what they could get for X amount of dollars.
Thanks for watching!

Chris Harding March 19th, 2014 08:23 AM

Hey Dan

If the audio is half as good as the video work then you have a winner!! I always feel to create a secure niche market you need to show Realtors stuff that they cannot do themselves. I think a lot get the little girl in the office to string together a few photos with music using a free slideshow maker and they are happy it didn't cost them anything.

Over here they are extremely frugal with their budget and the less they spend on promotion the more commission they can harvest!! If I was marketing a property and could choose between just videos, video and a narration or a live agent presenting the house I would go for option three every time but then again I'm not a Realtor!!

Giving them options is a good plan

Chris

Rainer Listing March 19th, 2014 03:06 PM

Well, not every time. Meet some of the agents we've met when looking for property you'd understand. So much current interest and so many unanswered questions about real estate video. Structure? Marketing? Sales advantage? Drones? Professional presenters? Pricing? I think we may need a separate category in the forum.

Edward Calabig March 19th, 2014 04:17 PM

I'm curious as to what are some of the shots you used the Zeiss 50mm makro for?

Dan McGuckin March 19th, 2014 04:46 PM

The only shot that made the cut with the Zeiss was in the Shower.