C100 files into Sony Vegas AGAIN! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old June 19th, 2014, 02:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

C100 files into Sony Vegas AGAIN!

Im sure this has been asked before but the only thread I could find was in relation to interlaced issues.

I can import the clips via device explorer in Sony Vegas Pro no problem, however there is a gap in the audio and video during relay record (when the camera swiches over). I have spent several hours trying to find an answer and have drawn a blank so hoping someone can help out.

I have also tried to find a download link for the data import utility and also posted a request on the Canon forum but as yet no luck.

Thanks in advance
Steve
Steve Slattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: C100 files into Sony Vegas AGAIN!

Steve, i noticed your in the UK, if you want to PM me your addres i'll send you a copy of the import utility cd.

John.
John Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2014, 02:18 PM   #3
Major Player

If I remember correctly from the manual there will be a gap during relay recording switch over.

Not experienced it myself as we use dual slot recording (which has already saved our bacon).

Last edited by Danny O'Neill; June 22nd, 2014 at 12:49 AM.
Danny O'Neill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2014, 12:49 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Slattery View Post
I have also tried to find a download link for the data import utility and also posted a request on the Canon forum but as yet no luck.
Steve ~

I think this is what you are looking for:

Data Import Utility Ver.1 - Specifications and system requirements | PIXELA CORPORATION

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney.
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2014, 03:22 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for all your help, I managed to get hold of a copy and the import now works fine (there is no gap in video and audio).

Chris the link you gave me is actually the updater and wont do anything unless you have the original software installed. I had tried the download link from Pixella before I posted, if you navigate to the download area it says:-

'About Updater

Data Import Utility needs to be installed to update the software. This updater does not support other products.'

Seems crazy that the full version isnt available anywhere to download and Canon just dont seem to care :(

Steve
Steve Slattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2014, 10:29 PM   #6
Trustee

Actually there isn't a gap between the file segments. The camera actually overlaps the files for a few frames so that the import utility can merge them together seamlessly BUT (that's a big but) this means you must use the import utility to properly merge the file segments. Don't just slap them onto the timeline in your editor.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2014, 09:59 AM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Slattery View Post
Chris the link you gave me is actually the updater and wont do anything unless you have the original software installed.
Sorry 'bout that:( Think I sent the wrong link. If anyone is still looking for the utility I think this is the correct link. Went through this a while back and was eventually able to download the full version which is v1.0. Then it can be updated of course.

Data Import Utility Ver.1 - Features | PIXELA CORPORATION

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems