Importing clips from the C100 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old October 20th, 2014, 08:04 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Importing clips from the C100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
Here you"ll find some more info regarding this: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-ci...uggestion.html
Thanks Noa,
Michael Thames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2015, 12:31 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Re: Importing clips from the C100 mk2

I know it's an older thread but I recently got a Canon C100 MKii and I decided to record on MP4 instead of AVCHD...simpler to use with FCP 7 (I know I'm a relic!). Anyway, my workflow is MP4 then into my mac via iphoto (as I do with my Canon 70D), then convert the files to Apple Pro Res LT via mpeg streamclip and is looks to work ok...or should I be using the Canon import software? does the footage get imported deinterlaced as it should or not? Just want to make sure I do the importing properly.

thanks
Erick
Old July 6th, 2015, 01:29 PM   #18
Trustee

I'm now using some software called EditReady prior to import in to any NLE. It can either re-wrap or transcode, but the important thing is that it created uncompressed audio which has the advantage of:

• Premiere Pro doesn't need to conform audio

• FCPX doesn't need to copy the files in to it's library, it can use them from wherever you choose to put them

• You can transcode for FCP7 - and it's faster at doing it that compressor, MPEGStreamclip and all the others I tried.

I was so impressed with it I wrote a quick review here: Review: EditReady - DavidPartington.com
Old July 6th, 2015, 01:43 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Re: Importing clips from the C100 mk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Perdomo View Post
my workflow is MP4 then into my mac via iphoto (as I do with my Canon 70D), then convert the files to Apple Pro Res LT via mpeg streamclip and is looks to work ok.
What format are you shooting in and do you still get interlaced artifacting after output? Or are you selecting one of the "deinterlace" options?

Deinterlacing your C100 footage will kill half the resolution.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2015, 07:28 PM   #20
Regular Crew

hi Gary. thanks for the reply!
I read somewhere about some people choosing deinterlacing with the C100 footage and thus losing half the resolution so when open streamclip to transcode the mp4 files ( I have been shooting 1080 60p to have the option to do some slow mo if required but the timelime has been set at 30p for normal playback) I DON'T choose deinterlace when transcoding to apple pro res LT. Is this correct? I don't want to lose the quality!
I love the camera so far! i will keep my 70D as a B camera with this one.
thanks for the help!
|erick
Old July 6th, 2015, 10:54 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Perdomo View Post
I know it's an older thread but I recently got a Canon C100 MKii and I decided to record on MP4 instead of AVCHD...simpler to use with FCP 7 (I know I'm a relic!).
Yes, as long as you shoot MP4, then that works. AVCHD uses pulldown for PF30 and PF24 modes.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems