C100 used in Commercial's Samples??? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old December 9th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: C100 used in Commercial's Samples???

Lots of folks like the EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS as a main lens for the C100. Nice range for the crop factor and constant f/2.8, and IS. I had this lens when I used a pair of 7D's. Optically excellent. Arguably "L" quality image, but not "L" quality build and weather sealing. I also had an EF 24-105 f/4 IS (which I traded), and thought the 17-55 was better optically.

For wide angle, the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 is great. For now, I still have one of these.

I also recommend the EF 100 f/2.8L IS Macro. I am trading mine in, but I certainly enjoyed it. Razor thin depth of field, though.
Richard D. George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 10:36 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Martin View Post
Also, I've pointed this out before, Joe Simon Weddings uses mostly C100s and some C300s...and a little 5D. His work looks great and is like an extended commercial. Take a look at his samples on his site:
Joe Simon Wedding Films

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com
Wow that's some great footage! Thanks for posting Jim!
Danny Winn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 10:38 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thames View Post
I came from the XH-A1 too. After selling it for next to nothing last year, I got the 5D3...... then had to learn photography...... ha ha! I was yearning for the simplicity of the A1..... and basically a REAL video camera again, but after the 5D3 FF look with interchangeable lenses, I was hooked and could never go back to a small sensor video camera again. The C100 fulfills all my desire for a real video camera but with the features and images of a DSLR.

I think you will be quite happy with the C100. Danny are you considering a New C100 mkII, or an mkI?
Yes Michael, the new MKII with duel Pixel AF. Sound like I'll be one happy camper for at least a year or so till it becomes out of date. Haha
Old December 10th, 2014, 10:40 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard D. George View Post
Lots of folks like the EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS as a main lens for the C100. Nice range for the crop factor and constant f/2.8, and IS. I had this lens when I used a pair of 7D's. Optically excellent. Arguably "L" quality image, but not "L" quality build and weather sealing. I also had an EF 24-105 f/4 IS (which I traded), and thought the 17-55 was better optically.

For wide angle, the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 is great. For now, I still have one of these.

I also recommend the EF 100 f/2.8L IS Macro. I am trading mine in, but I certainly enjoyed it. Razor thin depth of field, though.
That's great info! Thanks much Richard!
Old December 11th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Winn View Post
Wow that's some great footage! Thanks for posting Jim!
But those aren't commercials.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #21
Major Player

Gary!.....they are long commercials....

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com
Jim Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2015, 10:20 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Interesting thread and some good stuff to see. I use a C100 for run and gun news and documentary work so I can't speak to commercials.

The real question I need to ask is more important:

I will be in NM soon for some work, mostly in and round Santa Fe. Is Tomasinas still a great place for green chile? Spent a lot of time in AQB and SF in the 80s and enjoyed the food.

Thanks

Doug
Old February 23rd, 2015, 08:19 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Here you go. Shot on a C100 with a Ninja for broadcast specs. Sennheiser into the C100 XLR inputs.

Product Promo Video - Malo | Storyboard Media Video Production Group
Mike Hammond is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems