Which lenses for the C-100? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old January 13th, 2015, 01:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Which lenses for the C-100?

Does anyone use vintage lenses, like the old Canon FD lenses(with an adaptor) or any other old lenses?

I'm planning to get the c-100 mkii
i own a 24-70 2.8 previous ver. I know that the aparture is digital hence the jumping and snapping on the image while closing and opening the aparture on DSLR. Is it the same thing on the c100?

is there any way to have the aparture control feel like in video cameras on EF 24-70 smother like in video althogh it doesnt have an iris ring?

Last edited by Arthur Abramov; January 13th, 2015 at 03:12 PM.
Arthur Abramov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2015, 09:25 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Which lenses for the C-100?

Vintage lenses that have stops at each aperture setting need to be "de-clicked" to make them quiet and smoother. But still, they work in f-stops. A lens designed for video is silent, smooth and adjusts between f-stops. It's one reason DSLRs are a step backward.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2015, 01:33 AM   #3
Regular Crew

ok, thank you.

Can a EF lens be mounted via adapter with an iris ring on it? Just to have this ring(i have no idea if there is anything like this out there).
Arthur Abramov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2015, 09:12 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Never seen such an adapter. If you really want declicked aperture check out the Samyang cine lenses - very good value for money.
Malcolm Debono is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems