Just arrived. C100mkII in stock now. Very limited quantity - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old March 5th, 2015, 05:10 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Just arrived. C100mkII in stock now. Very limited quantity

I don't think Canon's intention is to limit supply to make it look "hot". I was told that Canon specifically does its production planning for the cinema cameras very strictly and allocates cameras across countries in such a manner that cameras don't lie around for more than a few days. These are expensive cameras, and tight fisted production planning helps in saving a lot of money. Having being involved in electronic manufacturing in my previous life, I can vouch for this. So people like Eric due to their reputation would get a few of more cameras apart from their ordered ones. So I think he is letting people here know so that folks can get the cameras before they get exhausted. In countries with less demand, they don't even send an extra camera or two to the dealers.
Old March 5th, 2015, 11:57 AM   #17
Inner Circle

The C100 and its variations are certainly one of the hottest cams in Portland right now. I think one reason is the EF mount; they make a great step-up cam from all those Canon dSLRs, and many people therefore have glass, and an idea that it can't be that different than the cam they're used to.

And they make nice looking imagery :-)
Old March 6th, 2015, 12:12 PM   #18
Inner Circle

There's something to be said for the native mount. I've rented the FS7 with metabones adapter a couple of times. The first time, we were wheeling the camera on a dolly and the adapter broke apart. It's held together with some VERY tiny screws. The second time we rented, we knew to be very careful with it. Eliminating the adapter removes a key point of possible failure.

When buying, I could take the time to get the right shims for lens supports. When renting for a day or two, there's no time for that.
Old March 13th, 2015, 01:14 PM   #19
Major Player

Sorry i've been away from the boards for a couple of weeks. Been quite busy (a good thing, to be sure). Chris, thanks for your kind words about the dealer channel. I really appreciate it. As a side note I will be getting in the JVC LS300 very soon and there are several exciting promotions running for its launch. This, of course will be a topic for a different forum.

MOST IMPORTANTLY C100MKII BACK IN STOCK!

As of March 12th I have limited quantity of all body and kit combos except the 18-135mm STM kit.

So i have:
C100mkII Body only
C100mkII 24-105 kit
C100mkII Atomos Ninja kit
C100mkII triple lens kit

ALL IN-STOCK

You can fill out the Canon financing application here Professional Cameras | Portland, OR | Canon Financing

You can order from my web store here Professional Video Equipment Sales | Portland, OR

Please let me know if you have any questions about the camera, financing options, or anything else.

Thank you very much

Eric Petrie
Professional Video
epetrie@provideoandtape.com
503-598-9142
Eric C. Petrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2015, 06:40 PM   #20
Major Player

As of today, March 19th, I still have C100mkII BODY ONLY and every C100MKII kit option in-stock on my shelf ready to go today, except for the 18-135mm STM kit. I should have some of the STM kits coming in early next week.

1.9% 36 month financing means C100mkII BODY ONLY starts at about $158 a month.

Eric Petrie
Professional Video
epetrie@provideoandtape.com
503-598-9142
Eric C. Petrie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems