Canon C100 and WDR Profile at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old March 7th, 2015, 10:15 AM   #1
Major Player

Canon C100 and WDR Profile

Does anyone here use the WDR profile with the sharpness set to zero? Any concerns with doing this. I have heard people say that they set "all" sharpen to zero. Is their more than one place to set sharpen?
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2015, 12:43 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Canon C100 and WDR Profile

I've been wondering this too. Ive tried a few and WDR seems noisy at higher ISO, would reducing the sharpening help?

What profiles are people using to get a good blend of dynamic range and ISO performance?
Steve Montoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2015, 03:40 PM   #3
Major Player

Steve, I don't have a problem with noise. I usually shoot with the wdr profile,and its actually very good. I just want an image that's more flat as it relates to sharpness, without having to use the cinema profile.
Old March 8th, 2015, 07:08 PM   #4
Major Player

Are you using any +NR in camera?
Steve Montoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 07:32 AM   #5
Major Player

Steve, I have never used internal noise reduction with the camera. The few times that I needed noise reduction, I did it in post.
Old March 10th, 2015, 05:16 AM   #6
Major Player

We use the WDR profile and leave sharpness as is. We apply a +3 noise reduction just to cover us in most situations upto around 8000 iso. Over that we have another picture profile with higher NR.

Personally cant see why you would want to lower sharpness. If your image is noisy then make sure you do an ABB to calibrate the sensor to noise. What you have should be squeeky clean.
Old March 11th, 2015, 09:20 PM   #7
Major Player

Danny I just checked out your site, you have some very nice videos on there. Were any of those shot with the C100? If so, which ones?
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems