New c100 Mk II frame rates and Picture Profiles at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old March 13th, 2015, 01:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

New c100 Mk II frame rates and Picture Profiles

Just got the new C100 Mk II! (thanks Eric C. Petrie) Coming from the XF300, I've got some learning to do. I have done some searching, but haven't found the answers I am looking for... a few questions:
• Is there a good resource to download picture profiles? What's your favorite?
• Frame rates: Most of my finished product ends up on the web. Should I shoot 60p, 30p or 24p most of the time? 60p for sports or slo-mo? 30p for general stuff? 24p for interviews? Advice appreciated. I always shot 30p with the XF300. I will be shooting a basketball game tonight so I'm going to try out the 60p AVCHD 28Mbps
• Generally going with 180 angle shutter, 640 ISO (does it matter whether I use ISO vs gain?)
I have always been a video guy with fixed lens canon camcorders so using photo lenses is new. I'm accustomed to "iris" and "gain" vs iso, aperture, etc. And where's my zoom rocker?!?! LOL ;) Thanks much.
Scott Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2015, 01:58 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: New c100 Mk II frame rates and Picture Profiles

Picture profiles from an old C100 will gives you a different result, you must use only new version from the C100 mark II. Black level, colors, everything is a little different on the C100 mark II due new procesor Digic DV 4.

Edit:
The best start point for CP is to use WF monitor (turn on WF) and C100 connect with TV in camera mode and make a basic adjustment of black level and color gain (saturation) for basic gamma curves (cine1, wdr, log).
Pavel Sedlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2015, 06:02 PM   #3
Major Player

Canon - log testing on C100 and C100 mark II.
Attached Thumbnails
New c100 Mk II frame rates and Picture Profiles-001_c100_c_log_color_corrected.jpg   New c100 Mk II frame rates and Picture Profiles-002_c100markii_c_log_color_corrected.jpg  

Pavel Sedlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2015, 03:09 PM   #4
Major Player

Here is my test of the C100 mark II:

No NoiseReduction, all camera settings are the same (with Black Balance) including black level (only color gain on my old C100 was little different for wdr a cine1 gamma CP, but not too much), color temperature was set with Kelvin (3600K).

Color correction vs. rough footages, canon-log, wdr and cine1 gamma (used lenses are at video).

It is not brilliant, but good enough for basic comparison, I hope this help (dark blue color has a little worse signal/noise ratio than other two colors, but the external recorder can easy solve this problem. It is better to download an original file).
Pavel Sedlak is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems