C100 Mk2 Problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old March 23rd, 2015, 03:20 AM   #1
Tourist

C100 Mk2 Problems

So, I bought a C100 mk2 when it came out so got mine early Jan. Great camera, but TWO big problems.

1) Two weeks ago the OLED screen just stopped working. I noticed a white line appear on the screen and then it all went white, then never worked again. Great! Fortunately ProAv have been very good about it as it's still under warranty and offered sending me one of their demo units to use as jobs were coming in.

2) So I get the demo unit and all is fine after doing some tests. I take it on a shoot, start getting 20 mins worth of b-roll and move to the next location. When turning it back on, the screen is completely purple! I couldn't believe this. I turn it off and on again and this time it's green! I checked back the footage I'd shot earlier which looked fine so I knew it wasn't the screen or EVF at fault this time. Completely unusable and nothing (including complete camera reset, battery change, different lenses… anything!) stops it looking purple or green. I suspect it's the sensor.

This model has been sent back and I've just got another demo from Canon themselves as my original model is getting it's OLED screen fixed.

Not good really for a new camera and both models which have the problems must only be 4 months old tops!

Anyone else had any issues? I've got the Canon 5D Mk3 out again, ordered a couple of new batteries for it along with a Zacuto Z-finder Pro which will come with me on ALL future shoots. Can't have this problem again.
Dominic Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2015, 10:09 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: C100 Mk2 Problems

First I've heard of this.......

Jim Martin
EVSonline.com
Jim Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems