Big Savings on Canon Cinema Primes, Up to $6000 off kit prices at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old March 31st, 2015, 10:14 PM   #1
Major Player

Big Savings on Canon Cinema Primes, Up to $6000 off kit prices

We’ve started a new program for Canon Cinema Primes. Right now take instant savings of $500 off of any cinema prime lens you buy. This is a stackable discount, so if you buy 3 lenses you get $500 of of each lens you buy. But we’re also including a BONUS multi-lens discount. In addition to the $500 per lens you’ll also get another $900 off the kit of 3 lenses, $1600 off of a 4 lens kit, $2500 off of a 5 lens kit, and $3000 off of a 6 lens kit.

So the math on a 6 lens kit looks like this: Per-Lens Savings of $500x6=$3000 PLUS Bonus Kit Savings of $3000. Total savings $6000.

We also have 24 month $0 down 0% financing options and 36 month 1.9% options.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you very much.

Finance the Canon C100 for $86 a month, $0 down 36 months
Finance the Sony FS7 for $248 a month
Eric Petrie
Professional Video
epetrie@provideoandtape.com
Eric C. Petrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 12:06 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Big Savings on Canon Cinema Primes, Up to $6000 off kit prices

I did a quick search and found 57 posts since the first of the year by Eric and I didn't see a single one that didn't include "Buy my stuff".

I'm all for marketing and working to get your stuff out there but it does feel a bit heavy handed. This forum is more about sharing and helping than selling.

Strictly my opinion but I will be less inclined to buy something from someone that comes across so singularly focused on selling without at least a token effort to contribute something to the community.
Old April 1st, 2015, 01:30 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Medico View Post
I did a quick search and found 57 posts since the first of the year by Eric and I didn't see a single one that didn't include "Buy my stuff".
You'll notice Eric IS a DVInfo Sponsor - one of those fine folks that keep DVInfo free for us...

I for one will "cut him some slack"...
Old April 1st, 2015, 01:49 PM   #4
Major Player

Chris, I respect your opinion. I have learned that lot of content creators find posts about price and availability of the gear they use to be very helpful.

I love DVInfo, it's been a great resource for me as a content producer myself and as an equipment rep for many many years. However, please keep in mind, DVInfo is not a non-profit group. The forum exists because of carefully cultivated and appropriate advertising content. The advertising is regulated both in quantity and for relevant content and is not limited to the simple banner ad that is at the top of the page.

Additionally, i have never created a post that says "buy my stuff". As a full line authorized Sony & Canon cinema dealer the programs i'm posting about include other authorized dealers as well. I fully expect some people will read my posts and then go to their prefered local dealer to make their purchase. Of course i hope some people will take the time to reach out to me since i'm the one sharing the information.

Also you're implying that i have 57 posts of 100% advertising. That is flat out untrue. While it is true that all of my posts have to do with equipment, that is my job, i'm an equipment rep. If you look here http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/search.php?searchid=5469664 i have over 70 posts in the last 18 months or so. Just a rough guess, but i would say that about 60% are directly related to sales. The other 40% are general useful content that relates to equipment. I hope a wide variety of people can take away something positive from my equipment information shared, not just people who are in the market for a new camera.

Thank you very much. I hope to have an opportunity to help you in the future.

To Shaun, thank you for taking the time to post your comment. I really appreciate that.

Finance the Canon C100 for $86 a month, $0 down 36 months
Finance the Sony FS7 for $248 a month
Eric Petrie
Professional Video
epetrie@provideoandtape.com
Old April 1st, 2015, 01:51 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I certainly accept that I may have a different opinion than others and yes I do know what the sponsors do for the site. I also know that there is virtually nowhere you can go and not be bombarded by marketing. I hope DVInfo doesn't become one of those places.

There are more than a few sponsors here. Many of them participate in ways that goes beyond sales. That is where I'll look to spend my money first. That is how I feel about it and I will continue to do business that way.

Spraying price drop posts across multiple sections in my opinion is too much. It hit a nerve with me this morning and I'm expressing my dislike for the practice. Sponsor or not I don't think that is behavior that is in character with the history of this forum.
Old April 1st, 2015, 03:08 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Medico
This forum is more about sharing and helping than selling
Although I"m not a fan either of advertisement I do realize they are a necessity, just like advertisements on tv that helps to pay for the programs you can watch. The advertisements I see here by creating posts do however provide real benefits by informing us on deals, just like in this topic, so that I think is great and if we are not interested we don't have to click on these posts to read them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Medico
There are more than a few sponsors here. Many of them participate in ways that goes beyond sales.
I have had a very pleasant experience with dealing with one of the manufacturer sponsors here where I made a purchase from in the past (camera motion research) and they have gone above and beyond providing me a service that I never have even experienced from any manufacturer or dealer in my own country so it looks like Chris knows how to pick his sponsors :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 03:35 PM   #7
Major Player

I appreciate the low key manner in which Chris has enabled advertising without it becoming obnoxious. I can't read the Creative Cow forum at all because of all the crap flashing on the screen. I'm sure Eric will contribute when he has something relevant to add, but there's no need to post for the sake of posting.
Jim Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 07:40 PM   #8
Major Player

As a forum user, I appreciate the sponsors, but there are sponsors I wouldn't purchase from (just because they've made ridiculous comments on certain statements by users). Its a two way street, a fine line and a delicate line at that. Now with that said, Eric has been straight forward and I like his approach.

As an example, he throws out an item, with a price and gives finance options. Big deal! Nothing wrong with that. I'd go to the next post if I wasn't interested. Nothing against Chris for stating his point either. As he stated, it hit a nerve and caught him at the wrong time (It Happens)!

This is the good ole' USA! We all get to agree to disagree, state our points and move on!

Go Sponsors! Go Forum Users! Go DVINFO.NET!!!!
Troy Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 08:13 PM   #9
Obstreperous Rex

This site wouldn't exist without the financial support provided by Eric and our other sponsors.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 04:13 AM   #10
Major Player

Whilst many of Eric's post are sales related he also often provides excellent technical advice.

And thanks to anybody that sponsors or is involved in the administration of this site. I get all my product and technical news from the internet these days and really benefit from from sites such as this.

And these recent posts should really be regarded as big news. These huge Canon price drops are very unusual. There are quite a few rumours (yup - I'm from the UK) of a new C300 and a new 4k camera being announced at NAB.

And I've just seen the value of my C300 take quite a hit!
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2015, 05:11 PM   #11
Major Player

Just wanted to add, ALL of my equipment was purchased from Sponsors of this site!!!!!
Think I needed to say that.......I'm a bit picky when purchasing, but I truly believe in supporting the sponsors of this site!!!!!
Troy Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 11:22 PM   #12
Major Player

I wanted to say thank you to all who participated in this conversation. I think the coolest thing about threads like this is that it does a good job of showing that people really care about this space, this forum, this resource. From the perspective of someone who does pay to advertise here its great to see such a passionate and plugged in community. Please let me know if I can help in any way. Thank you very much.
Old April 8th, 2015, 08:54 AM   #13
Obstreperous Rex

Much appreciated, Eric -- THANK YOU for being here.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems