DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   C100 Mark II Questions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/527645-c100-mark-ii-questions.html)

Kyle Hawthorne April 5th, 2015 11:13 PM

C100 Mark II Questions

I just purchased a C100 MkII and coming form a 1DX user it's been a bit of a learning curve, but the more I use the camera the more I really love it.

I do however have a couple issues I can't seem to resolve.

1) Does the mkII have in camera noise reduction like the mkI? I can't seem to find any NR settings in the menu.

2) Does the duel pixel AF work with 3rd party lenses? I can't get my Sigma 35mm 1.4 ART or my Sigma 18-25mm 1.8 ART to autofocus, which is odd because they both work like a charm on my 70d. Even face detection auto focus works with the Sigma on my 70d, which I thought only worked with Canon STM lenses.

3) Any tutorials or tips available on focus peaking settings? The manual doesn't provide any detailed instructions on the different settings available within the focus peaking part of the menu. I'm trying to make the in focus areas show a bit more color. Right now I have the peaking set to red and it barely highlights the edges of any in focus items.

4) Any tips for using the auto focus while framing your subject off center? I have found the only way is to turn on AF, achieve focus, turn off AF, and reframe the shot while keeping your lateral plane unchanged.

Andrew Maslen April 6th, 2015 12:32 AM

Re: C100 Mark II Questions

Hi Kyle,

1) Yes NR is in the custom picture profile, which I believe needs unlocking before you see all the options including NR
2) The DAF does work with some 3rd party lens, I believe there was a firmware update for the Sigma 35mm that you can apply direct to the lens, not sure about 18-25
3) Canon US, have a few tutorials on their site, but I can't remember seeing anything about peaking. But with the menu settings under 'OLED/VF setup' you can choose 'peaking' then either 'peaking 1' or '2' and adjust the gain and frequency to achieve the result your looking for
4) Yes thats about it, either frame and use one-shot and reframe or same but use AF lock during continuous autofocus

Andrew

Markus Nord April 10th, 2015 08:27 AM

I just got my C100mkII, have not tried all my lenses yet. But I have my Tamaron 24-70/2.8 and the AF worked fine, it tracked smooth without any noise.

Later tonight I will try all my 3rd party lenses.

Nate Haustein April 10th, 2015 12:48 PM

I just got the 18-35mm for my C100mk2 and like you, it didn't autofocus at any other aperture than F1.8. I purchased the Sigma USB dock and updated the lens - now it works at all apertures like it should. I'm not sure if the 35mm has the same firmware update available.

If you're interested, I could sell you the adapter dock - I literally used it ONCE.

Kyle Hawthorne April 10th, 2015 03:23 PM

How much do you want for the usb dock? I literally just purchased one 20 minutes ago on on amazon, but I can cancel my order in the next 5 hours.

Nate Haustein April 11th, 2015 12:06 PM

Shoot. Missed the window. Sorry.