C100 Mark II Shutter Speed Changes with Framerate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old May 5th, 2015, 10:36 AM   #1
Inner Circle

C100 Mark II Shutter Speed Changes with Framerate

Anyone experienced this? Set my shutter speed to 180 degrees and then when I go into Slow & Quick and set it to 60p for slow-motion, it automatically sets my shutter speed to 360 degrees. If I then change it back to 180, shoot the clip, then reset my framerate back to 24p, the shutter speed is now 72 degrees. It seems like it's doing this to maintain consistent exposure across frame rates, but it's annoying if I cannot turn it off.

Anyone else experiencing this and found a solution, or do I need to bug Canon about fixing this in a firmware update?
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 08:39 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: C100 Mark II Shutter Speed Changes with Framerate

I have experienced this and also find it rather annoying, but I don't know of a good solution other than manually re-setting the shutter speed.
Old May 15th, 2015, 11:28 AM   #3
Major Player

We are getting the same issue with the two cameras we bought.

Can you also ask for the option to be able to set the custom button to be able to change from AVCHD to MP4 with the push of a single button? :)
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2015, 08:26 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Yes, I'm seeing that too. Is the camera keeping the same actual shutter speed you just used, not the shutter angle? So, if you had 180 degrees on 24p, that's 1/48. What degree would 1/48 read if you were on 60p?
Bob Drummond is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems