C100 and Canon HD broadcast lenses at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old May 16th, 2015, 07:24 AM   #1
Tourist

C100 and Canon HD broadcast lenses

Hi there.

I am planning on purchasing a Canon C100 and was hoping someone could tell me whether there is an adapter available for it that will allow the use of Canon HD broadcast lenses, such as the VCL-719BXS HD lens?

I currently have the above lens attached to my XDCAM HD F330 but unfortunately my XDCAM performs really poorly in low light, so I was wondering whether there was an adapter that would allow me to, prospectively, put it on a Canon C100?

If anyone has any advice on this it would be much appreciated
Cheers
Chris
Christopher Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2015, 04:55 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: C100 and Canon HD broadcast lenses

I haven't been able to find a good set of specs for the lens, but I did find something saying it was 1/2 inch.

If true it would be most unlikely to work on the C100 as the Super 35 sensor is MUCH bigger than the sensor of a 1/2 inch camera so a lens meant for 1/2 inch wouldn't cover the sensor. I also don't know the back focus distance that your lens can accommodate but suspect it won't be compatible.

Anyhow, I don't have good info/specs on the lens (but I do have a C100) so the two things you'd need to check are back focus and image circle (IC) better known as coverage. If the back focus is less than that of a Canon EF lens, then a simple adapter won't help
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 08:47 AM   #3
Major Player

Christopher, maybe you should look at the new JVC gy ls300. I believe it is designed to use almost any lens
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 10:33 PM   #4
Inner Circle

That lens would not cover the image on the C100's S35 sensor.
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems