Archiving Cards Takes "Forever" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old May 19th, 2015, 08:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Archiving Cards Takes "Forever"

Hey All...

I have had my C100 MkII for a few weeks and one of the things I have noticed is that it is taking a very long time to archive my cards.

My workflow calls for always archiving every job or shoot by converting my card to a .dmg (which I throw onto two different archive drives) before porting the shots into FCPX.

I have noticed that converting the cards out of the C100 (vs., say, my 5D Mk III) to disk images takes an incredibly long time.

Last night I shot 12, 10 second or so shots onto a SanDisk Extreme Pro, 95 MB/s 64 GB card and it took and it took almost an hour to save the card as a .dmg.

I have always worked with cameras that used CF cards in the past...are big SD cards that slow to save or am I missing something?

MP
Mike Petty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 08:47 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Archiving Cards Takes "Forever"

Get a USB 3.0 card reader, will be several times faster than USB 2.0 interface

Thanks
Old May 19th, 2015, 10:07 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Jeff...

Never occurred to me that I had an old card reader on a USB 3 port...That helped quite a bit.

Still takes a long time but with a 64GB card I guess that's par...

MP
Mike Petty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 10:24 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I just happened to archive 73GB from a 128GB SD last night - took around 20 minutes. (USB 3)
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems