C100 Flashing Video Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old May 19th, 2015, 01:15 PM   #1
Tourist

C100 Flashing Video Problem

This was my first attempt with using the C100 for a wedding shoot. After importing the footage, I've noticed some pretty noticeable flashing.

If you watch it in HD you can notice some crazy flashing happening on the buildings.
I'm not sure if it's the camera setting or the camera itself. Anyone else experience this problem? And is there any possible way to fix this in Premiere?
Dan Kirdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 01:39 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: C100 Flashing Video Problem

Are you sure this is in the raw files directly from the card as well? Have you tried viewing those or does the issue appear after you have imported it into premiere? This looks like some severe aliasing and moire but the c100 should not display that behavior, to me it looks like something that has been introduced after you imported it into premiere, maybe wrong projectsettings or wrong export settings?.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 02:02 PM   #3
Trustee

I'm with Noa on this one. Looks like an import issue. You're not seeing flashing...just aliasing.
Old May 19th, 2015, 02:07 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Did you shoot in "PF24" mode? From what I understand this is 60i and requires deinterlacing, not sure as I don't own the camera but read something about it.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 04:13 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Yes, it's interlacing, either added after the fact or you shot in a mode other than 24p and did not remove the pulldown.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2015, 01:11 PM   #6
Tourist

The footage was shot in 30fps. I looks fine when I view it on my computer. This happens when I preview in Premiere Pro. Any suggestions?
Dan Kirdey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems