Why has XC10 been shifted from this forum? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old June 28th, 2015, 10:47 AM   #1
Major Player

Why has XC10 been shifted from this forum?

I'm just wondering why the Canon XC10 has now got it's own separate forum rather than remaining here on the Canon Cinema EOS Camera System.

The relevance of this little camera is that it shares the same Digic 5 processor ( Ok only one ) and new XF-AVC file system as the shortly to be released Canon C300 Mark 2.

I even got a CPS invitation in the box!

I feel there will be lots of things to be learnt from this dinky little camera that would be of interest to this forum.
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2015, 11:32 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Why has XC10 been shifted from this forum?

It is a good move to separate XC10 from the cinema users forum.

Else, the number of XC10 users will drown others and C300 II users will look for another forum. As such the number of C100 posts are much more than C300 posts.

Sharing the same processor or codec doesn't mean the XC10 should be clubbed here. Tomorrow, if cineform is used by Go Pro Hero 5 and Canon cinema series, (just saying) that doesn't mean these cameras are going to be clubbed together.

Having said that, the XC10 is promoted by the cinema division. They expect that this tiny camera will be used by professionals who use the C300 etc. I am a C300 owner and have asked for a demo unit to test so that I can decide if this camera is good for my needs. I know that there would be lot of compromises needed to deal with such a small camera. I need it for my remote camera operations as well as some general walk around and B camera work.
Old June 28th, 2015, 12:06 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Why has XC10 been shifted from this forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
It is a good move to separate XC10 from the cinema users forum.

Else, the number of XC10 users will drown others and C300 II users will look for another forum. As such the number of C100 posts are much more than C300 posts.

Having said that, the XC10 is promoted by the cinema division. They expect that this tiny camera will be used by professionals who use the C300 etc. I am a C300 owner and have asked for a demo unit to test so that I can decide if this camera is good for my needs. I know that there would be lot of compromises needed to deal with such a small camera. I need it for my remote camera operations as well as some general walk around and B camera work.
Hi Sabyasachi - I'm sure you might find this little camera useful. I've bought it as a grip camera for slider shots and possibly with the Ronin - M. But I think anyone who tries to do too much with this camera will come unstuck.

The reason there are less C300 posts is that less C300 users posting in! For myself I'm hoping to trade up to the C300 Mark 2 in a couple of months, It's not that the c300 is not good enough for my needs is that the Mk2
answers many of the barrage of complaints that about the shortfalls in the C300. I've tried the Mark 2 out and it's a huge step forward, both ergonomically and technically.
Mark Dobson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems