DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   C100 Missing Frames Between Split Files (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/529227-c100-missing-frames-between-split-files.html)

Steve Kimmel July 27th, 2015 08:40 AM

C100 Missing Frames Between Split Files

Recently I noticed that, when splitting files (due to size) my C100 is dropping 1-2 frames in between the files. I'm using a 32GB 95mb/sec Sandisk card and don't recall having this problem before.

Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks.

Gary Huff July 27th, 2015 10:55 AM

Re: C100 Missing Frames Between Split Files

Is this within an NLE or playing back via player software? What NLE or software? What OS?

Steve Kimmel July 27th, 2015 12:41 PM

Within NLE - Edius.

I've also noted that when syncing multiple cameras with PluralEyes the C100 files are not in sync because of this.

Jeremiah Rickert July 28th, 2015 12:24 AM

Are you using the Data Import Utility that came with the camera to get your clips from the cards? It merges them into a single clip with no dropped frames onto your hard drive.

Roger Gunkel July 28th, 2015 02:22 AM

As Jeremiah said, you need to use the camera's data import software. If you just drag and drop files from the card, you won't have the additional data files that enable the linking of the clips.

Roger

Arthur Abramov August 26th, 2015 10:42 AM

Same problem

Can it be downloaded from canons website?

Erick Perdomo August 26th, 2015 11:44 AM

hi everyone...is this issue also affecting MP4 recordings? I haven't done very long recordings with the C100 mkii yet..only short ones. Hmm..
thanks
E

Gary Huff August 26th, 2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick Perdomo (Post 1896192)
hi everyone...is this issue also affecting MP4 recordings?

It should only be an issue with AVCHD.

Steve Kimmel August 26th, 2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur Abramov (Post 1896189)
Same problem

Can it be downloaded from canons website?

Unfortunately no. I contacted them. If you don't have version 1, you can't use version 2 (which is what's on the web) and Canon won't provide version 1. They told me to find a different way to do this.

Very disappointing.

Jim Andrada August 26th, 2015 02:01 PM

There's another thread on this on the forum and there is apparently a way to get the NLE to do it right - I think you have to copy the whole folder not just the individual clip - or something like that. I'll see if I can find it.

Personally if I'm shooting anything long I just record to the Ninja so I don't have the problem.

I'm guessing that they need a few ms to close out the file and start a new one and they record the "missing" frames in a different place on the SD card (pre-existing file???) instead of buffering them internally in the camera. The Ninja apparently records to a few seconds long memory buffer and then to the media so it has time to retry a disk error. Just a wild A-- guess on my part of course.

Jeff Pulera August 26th, 2015 02:38 PM

For those using Adobe Premiere, copy ENTIRE memory card contents to hard drive, keeping original folder structure. In Premiere, do NOT use the "File > Import", rather use "Media Browser". This recognizes spanned clips properly and imports into Premiere to look like one seamless clip! Have not tried with C100, but in general, this should work for all memory card video formats.

No camera utility/conversion should be needed or is recommended, use raw data from card.

Thanks

Troy Moss August 26th, 2015 04:01 PM

Try this link:

Data Import Utility Ver.2 - Download (English) | PIXELA CORPORATION

Troy Moss August 26th, 2015 10:52 PM

Data Import Utility Ver.1 - Download (English) | PIXELA CORPORATION

Jeremiah Rickert August 26th, 2015 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troy Moss (Post 1896241)

Even though that link says Version 1, you still can't download version one. You absolutely have to have the CD that came with your camera.

There is a program called MTS joiner that can be used to merge AVCHD files, but the Data Import Utility is still the best way. You might try contacting another C100 owner to see if they will loan you the disc.

Gary Huff August 27th, 2015 07:46 AM

Under OSX you can use EditReady to do that as well.

Of course, the bigger question is, is the AVCHD directory format intact or did you just pull out the .MTS files from it? Because that's not a good idea.