USB does not recognize C100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old October 5th, 2015, 10:08 AM   #1
Major Player

USB does not recognize C100

I used to be able to connect my C100 to a usb and download all my footage. Now it the C100 isn't recognized. I tried several usb ports and cords but no luck. The cables work fine with other devices. What do you think may be the issue? Thank you in advance.
Jeff Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2015, 12:44 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: USB does not recognize C100

Sounds like you might have damaged the USB port on the C100. You'll need to send the camera body in for repair.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2019, 05:19 PM   #3
Tourist

If you upgraded to firmware version 2.0.9.1.00, then USB will not work as you expect. When connecting to a computer, you need to click the Index button, only then the connection will be established
Igor Moiseev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2019, 08:37 AM   #4
Vortex Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Huff View Post
Sounds like you might have damaged the USB port on the C100. You'll need to send the camera body in for repair.
This is exactly why it is a dumb idea to use a $2000 camera as a card reader. Not to mention the hours you are putting on the meter unnecessarily that will affect its resell value. And the camera is probably slower than a dedicated card reader, too. The camera should be used as a card reader for emergencies only. Buy a SD card reader for $10 and leave the camera in the bag.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems