DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   a little 4k (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/531201-little-4k.html)

Barry Goyette February 18th, 2016 04:15 PM

a little 4k

I haven't really shot much 4k other than a few B&W time lapses. Nice to see the detail this camera delivers, and nice to see that vimeo's 4k is pretty damn good too.

Troy Moss February 18th, 2016 06:45 PM

Re: a little 4k

Looks great Barry! What's your camera/ lens set up?

Barry Goyette February 18th, 2016 08:47 PM

These were shot with the Canon 17-55 2.8. Guess I should have been clear on the camera. C300 Mk II. Clog 2160p.

Chris Hurd February 18th, 2016 09:16 PM

We really need a "like" button.

Mark Dobson February 19th, 2016 12:09 AM

Great Clip Barry.

I especially liked the way the reflections from the water wash over the rock.

Where was this filmed? Amazing rock composition.

Barry Goyette February 19th, 2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Dobson (Post 1909385)
Where was this filmed? Amazing rock composition.

Montaņa de Oro State Park here in California, about 10 miles from my house. It's funny, that little arch is probably the least dramatic feature in this sprawling seashore area that encompasses the northern most seashore section of the "Monterey Formation", a geologic feature here that is the source for much of the oil pumped out of california. The area features about 2 miles of coast that are fractured, folded and uplifted sections of this layered rock (looks like sandstone, but is much more sturdy and filled with kerogen). The fact that that arch is well above the high tide line says a lot about how the area formed.

I'm not really a birder (and egrets like this are about as exotic as ground squirrels here). I was shooting time lapses for about an hour there in Spooners Cove, which is a really phenomenal place to watch water due to the fractured seabed and semi-submerged rocks, and I notice that egret just hanging out. Even when I moved closer he didn't budge, which is rare.

By the way, because I was shooting landscapes, I only had a wide lens with me. The closest shot in that video was a crop from the previous clip. A little dangerous doing that in a 4k timeline, but I don't think it sticks out that bad.

Mark Williams February 19th, 2016 12:27 PM

Beautiful scenery and nicely captured.

Wacharapong Chiowanich February 22nd, 2016 08:53 PM

Excellent lighting. The combination of sun, haze and timing of the day makes the footage shine like gold!

Mervyn Jack February 24th, 2016 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd (Post 1909380)
We really need a "like" button.

LIKE - push