Informative Video on High Dynamic Range from Canon at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old April 14th, 2016, 05:34 PM   #1
Major Player

Informative Video on High Dynamic Range from Canon

Here's a video that Canon posted on their Vimeo page aptly titled "High Dynamic Range Explained". It's only 3 minutes long and might be helpful if high dynamic range is unfamiliar to you. They put some useful videos on there regarding their products or users but there are a couple of these these cartoons that give a 101 summary on a topic like this and they do a great job of explaining it.

Eric Petrie
epetrie@provideoandtape.com
Finance the Canon C300mkII for $459/month, $0 down
Finance the Sony Fs7 for $245/month, $0 down
Professional Cameras | Portland, OR | Financing
Eric C. Petrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2016, 06:26 PM   #2
Tourist

Re: Informative Video on High Dynamic Range from Canon

I'm a newbie with a c100 mk ii, can anyone offer some guidance/settings to get the best dynamic range for shooting real estate indoors without the blown out windows? I'd prefer to use natural light.
thanks
Paul Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2016, 12:24 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I have a mental picture of next week:

The above video will play on a large screen to a standing-room-only crowd in a large convention center. As it concludes, a Canon representative walks out on stage and talks about, hmmm, C-Clog3? :)
Old April 16th, 2016, 12:01 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Celeste View Post
I'm a newbie with a c100 mk ii, can anyone offer some guidance/settings to get the best dynamic range for shooting real estate indoors without the blown out windows? I'd prefer to use natural light.
thanks
For that level of difference (indoor to outdoor), you'll either have to add lighting to your interiors so it more closely matches outdoors, or shoot HDR footage, so you're exposing for both indoor and outdoor.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems