DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/)
-   -   Shooting in a indoor area on C100 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-cinema-eos-camera-systems/531961-shooting-indoor-area-c100.html)

Lico Francisco May 28th, 2016 10:42 AM

Shooting in a indoor area on C100

Hi guys,

What is your recommendation. On Tuesday I am going to shoot indoor in an office. Possible light is fluorescent. Also on the background will be outside light coming through the window. What is your recommendation and settings should I use. It will be for 5 to 3 minute video clip that will be played back on a projector

Gary Huff May 29th, 2016 03:20 PM

Re: Shooting in a indoor area on C100

What lighting will you be bringing?

Nate Haustein May 29th, 2016 05:21 PM

I would do WDR profile. Usually, I bring a couple 1x1 LED panels (Astra Bi-Color) and maybe a Diva400 for lighting offices. Use the natural light from the windows as a key if possible. Pretty standard affair. We talking an on-camera or interview here or B-roll shooting?

Lico Francisco May 29th, 2016 09:10 PM

this will be on camera Intro type. Where she will be welcoming the employees. About 3 or 5 minutes or possible less. I wish I have access to the room with light but it is locked up. Don't have the keys. This is a last minutes request. My coworker was going to do it but he has no experience with camera at all. So I offer to help him. It won't affect me in anyway in my job but still want to do a excellent job. My coworker was freaking out since he has never done it before.

Gary Huff May 31st, 2016 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lico Francisco (Post 1915444)
I wish I have access to the room with light but it is locked up.

That wouldn't be a problem if you bring your own lighting.

Marty Hudzik May 31st, 2016 11:10 AM

In a pinch you can see if you can get a white board or some white cardboard to use as a reflector and bounce some of the daylight back onto the talent. This sounds like a scenario where you really need some control over the lighting. The 2 things you described (fluorescent and daylight from windows) can be difficult to overcome with no lighting or grip equipment.

Good Luck. FYI I usually shoot in cinema mode and get as much latitude as possible to grade later. Don't know if this is possible for you or not.

Lico Francisco June 1st, 2016 12:04 AM

Guys, Did pretty well. Was able to borrow Kino Flo Lights from the Green screen room. Executive did have the keys for the room. Now that i liked it. I wanted to know if you guys recommend any light sets to buy. I am planning to buy for my own purpose. Money out of my pocket. Any recommendations.

Seth Bloombaum June 1st, 2016 11:18 AM

You might want to post this question in the lighting forum... after reading some of what's been posted there!

LED, fluorescent, and tungsten all have their pros and cons.

Portability, power consumption, heat, color temp, color fidelity, cost. There's a lot to balance.

It will help you a LOT to try to envision how and where you will be using lighting, the level of quality you need, and how much you're willing to spend.

Do you need lighting that fits in a wheeled suitcase, on a cart, in a car, in a truck, or that doesn't move from a fixed position? Etc, etc.