Sigma 150 - 600mm lens on a C100? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems
For all Canon Cinema EOS models: C700 / C300 Mk. II / C200 / C100 Mk II and EF / PL lenses.

Old February 23rd, 2017, 11:15 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Sigma 150 - 600mm lens on a C100?

I'm thinking of getting the lens and the 1.4x or 2.0x extender and wondering if anyone has tried it on their C100, I do mainly orchestral/classical performance video and often want a real tight shot of a performer's fingers on the keys/string, etc from the back of the balcony - maybe 100 feet from the back of the stage.

I've cobbled up a 2x extender on a Mamiya 300mm stills lens with a Mamiya 645 to Canon EF adapter and it works quite well, but of course there's no zoom capability. And a "little bit longer" lens would be nice. And yes, I have to have the camera on a substantial tripod and not move around much to keep from shaking the camera.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2017, 01:41 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Sigma 150 - 600mm lens on a C100?

I tried the lens on the C100 - works quite well. DP AF works just fine even with a 2X extender (although I think manual focus is better at the extremes since there's a bit of huntig when it looses focus due to slicght movement toward/away from the camera.

All in all, quite usable.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon Cinema EOS Camera Systems